FF55 and flashgames

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
talkee

FF55 and flashgames

Post by talkee »

Updated from 54.0.1 to 55 manually (all went smoothly except adblock lost several blocked addresses and that got solved by restoring backup) but after playing with some flashgames I noticed that mousescrolling doesn't work and there's delay in cursor's movement to where user wants it to go. Both are not wanted things when only control is mouse.
DanRaisch

Re: FF55 and flashgames

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.

Have you confirmed that you have the latest version of Flash installed? That would be 26.0.0.151/
Do you have hardware acceleration disabled in Firefox? Menu path Tools->Options->General.
therube

Post by therube »

Does the issue persist if you restart FF in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
talkee

Post by talkee »

Flash is up-to-date since I update it on same day as Microsoft releases its updates since Adobe does same.

I have tick in box on general tab.

Don't know how to play flashgames in browser w/o flashplayer which won't operate in safe mode.
therube

Post by therube »

Flash is Plugin & is not affected by (FF) Safe Mode.

FF 55 release notes did mention that with 55, Flash is set to click-to-play.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
talkee

Post by talkee »

Well when I tried 1 game I have problems with FF55 game didn't load at all (or was given notification to start Flash like Chrome does occasionally) as it does on normal or private mode.

Also now leftclicks are counted as rightclicks atleast sometimes (on flashgame site), no that problem with Chrome (portable) on same site.

Also FF totally hanged itself when I clicked link to game which had graphically heavy flashgame and most of time I couldn't do anything else than switch windows occasionally and situation stayed same until I terminated FF's process, no problems with Chrome (portable) with same game on same site so its clearly FF issue.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What site, what game?
talkee

Post by talkee »

Mousewheeling doesn't work in crusaders of lost idols (kongregate and needs kong account) and in agame all leftclicks are counted as rightclicks and gamw which hanged FF is Knights of Magic and Steel (in agame), all those games and rest worked just fine before updating to version 55.
AndyTwobeats

Post by AndyTwobeats »

https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/ became unplayable for me after the update.
(You do not have to have an account or log in for this problem to occur, for me anyway)

After a few minutes, the cursor will change from the game cursor (large arrow), to the regular mouse cursor, and quickly alternate between the two (like split second).
When this happens, I am no longer able to click on anything within the game.
I posted on their forum as well, but didn't receive any replies.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

AndyTwobeats, I checked out that site and had no such problem, even after leaving the site active in the background for more than half an hour.
Have you confirmed that you are running the most recent version of Adobe's Flash Player? That would be 26.0.0.151
Did you try launching Firefox into Mozilla Safe Mode?
AndyTwobeats

Post by AndyTwobeats »

Hi Dan,

Yes, that's the version of Adobe Flash Player I have installed (says it was last updated August 13, 2017)
For some reason I can't get Flash to run in safe mode
In the "Add Ons" tab, I unchecked the box that says "Enable Adobe Flash Protected Mode", but even after doing so, if I go to https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/ to try and play the game, I just get a message on the page telling me I need to install Adobe Flash.
Then of course if I try doing so after it tells me, I restart in normal mode instead of safe mode, so I'm not sure what to do.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Go to the Add-ons tab and make sure you have Flash set to "Always activate".
AndyTwobeats

Post by AndyTwobeats »

Yes, I have it set to that, I also tried "Ask to activate" and both were a no go.
End result was that page telling me I needed to install Adobe Flash.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, try this. First uninstall Flash and then reinstall it. See the reply in this thread from dfoulkes -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14723793
AndyTwobeats

Post by AndyTwobeats »

I'll give that a try, thanks for all your help so far, much appreciated!