Google login buttons don't work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
time2fly

Google login buttons don't work

Post by time2fly »

When I try to login to Google, the blue HTML5-style buttons on the login form don't react. Problem has resurfaced over the years, if you google it. Similar problems with Paypal, where the top menu does not appear, as well as uunreactive buttons on some other common webpages.

I have cleared cache & cookies, started in safe mode, disabled proxy setting, etc. I have the neweset Firefox version 54.0.1.

Whenever I load the same webpage in Chrome or Opera, everything works fine. Seems that Firefox cannot handle some of the newest javascript being used by certain webpages.
DanRaisch

Re: Google login buttons don't work

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.

No such problem here. If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
therube

Post by therube »

When I try to login to Google
URL?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
time2fly

Post by time2fly »

time2fly

Post by time2fly »

Another example: Open the following URL in Firefox and Chrome. Do you see a difference?

https://www.idealo.at/preisvergleich/Pr ... sitztrapez
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can't access that site because NoScript is blocking one or more scripts with hidden elements. Did you try a new profile with no changes to settings and no extensions installed, as suggested?
therube

Post by therube »

Looks the same to me.
What are we supposed to be seeing there?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
time2fly

Post by time2fly »

therube wrote:Looks the same to me.
What are we supposed to be seeing there?
In Idealo there are no entries in the search result. In Paypal I have no top menu. In Google login the buttons don't work.

So I disabled all addons - same problems. I cleared the cache - same problems.
Then I created a new Firefox account - problems all solved! So what exactly do I need to do to get the same correct behavior in my default account?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

See this to migrate bookmarks, passwords, etc from the old "account" (profile) to the new -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
time2fly

Post by time2fly »

So you're suggesting there's no other way than to go through the hassle of transfering all data to a new profile? And if the problem is due to some open webpage in a firefox tab, then all will be in vain?

Maybe it would help to explain why a profile can become corrupted causing errors in random webpages. And maybe the problem should be fixed instead of creating time consuming workarounds with questionable success. Or can you assure me that this won't happen in a new profile as well?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're assuming that it's profile "corruption". Using the broadest definition of that term it might be. But, as we don't know what extensions might have been installed and later removed or what impact security software may have had or whether "clean up" programs like Ccleaner are or have been in use, there is no way for us to identify a specific cause of that possible corruption. I can say, however, that it's extremely unlikely that any web site in an open tab was causing the problem.

Can I assure you this won't happen to a new profile? No. Given the process used thus far to eliminate the problem, we don't even know what the specific cause of your problem was. And, as I just said, I have no way to view the environment in which the profile exists. I can say, however, that we're not seeing numerous reports of this particular problem with current versions of Firefox, which points to the local profile as the more likely point of failure.

And just so that everything is clear here, we're not Mozilla. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
time2fly

Post by time2fly »

If you're suggesting that CCLeaner or some security software caused the problem, then I don't understand why installing Firefox over the current installation should not fix the problem. If it's a user account database problem, then it should be fixed there. I know you guys are not firefox, and I appreciate your help, but don't you thinks it's a bit untypical to ask the user of a database software to export all his data, create a new DB and import it again, not knowing what exactly caused the problem and if it will arise again. Is there noone from the dev team reding these posts and trying to find the source of the problem?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you stated already yourself that a new profile resolved the problem, there is nothing to fix by mozilla.
Then I created a new Firefox account - problems all solved!
time2fly

Post by time2fly »

Right, so let me summarize: everything is fine on my PC. Then all of a sudden after 2 years of usage, Fiefox does not show essential elements of high ranking webpages (that Chrome, Opera and Edge handle fine) without displaying any error messages, and the (technically not trivial) workaround is to create a new account and migrate all user data to this account.

But there's nothing to fix by Mozilla.
You're a real fan...
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

check out my user agent here - so much about "fan" - i "love" people ignoring facts and telling me lies.

if i had such trouble with firefox like you already would have kicked it off - go chrome please and be happy.
and sorry, this is the only conclusion for you. you asked - you got help - its up on you now.

btw my profile is working perfect up to firefox 56 - i have ~45 extension running for now.

that far to my concerns - to you - i confirm above - with uBlock enable no pictures (results) - w/o uBlock see below: SAME!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9142ne34fgxm ... 2.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj9pk99yuzcjl ... 5.png?dl=0

and i also have no problem with paypal - all fine here
seems you have scripts blocked or disabled.