How to save online game level?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Alain Reve

How to save online game level?

Post by Alain Reve »

I play "Match and Merge" online. Each time I visit the site, I have to start from level 1.
This game exists on different sites (washington post, arkadium, etc.) and I have the same problem on each.

I thought it was because I clear my cookies. So, after reaching level 4, I copied the file cookies.sqlite into a separate folder. I closed Firefox, cleared the cookies as usual, then I copied the saved file back into \roaming\profile\whatever and opened Firefox again. I went back to the game. It had failed, I was again back to level 1.

Should I save some other files beside this cookies.sqlite? Or is this behaviour related to something else?

I would like to save the level information and only this.

Any suggestion welcome
Grumpus

Re: How to save online game level?

Post by Grumpus »

You should contact ct the people who administer the specific games.
It may also be you need to be logged in somehow on the game site.
If you are logged in you might need to maintain the cookie the site places relative to the game played.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Alain Reve

Post by Alain Reve »

There is a site where you can login, Pogo, but on that site you have to pay to play Match and Merge. On the Arkadium web site there is no "login" button. (Arkadium are the makers of this game).
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Some game creators will provide a sample game on their home site which may continue through levels but the game is ended without saving and information.
Washington Post, NY Times and some of the other rags depend on logins for various levels of access and features.
This is probably not a Firefox issue but the sites where the games are located.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

is it a flash game? so you are using ccleaner and ccleaner is probably is deleting the flash storage. another side effect, you really should not use it this way.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

so you are using ccleaner and ccleaner is probably is deleting the flash storage.
I don't see anything in the OP that suggests Ccleaner is involved here.
James

Post by James »

DanRaisch wrote:
so you are using ccleaner and ccleaner is probably is deleting the flash storage.
I don't see anything in the OP that suggests Ccleaner is involved here.
Alain Reve does use Ccleaner http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032499
Murtlap

Post by Murtlap »

I suppose it's a flash game and you tried to save your progress. As far as I know it's impossible in flash games. I often play on http://www.friv5online.com/ . There are many small flash games and I could never save my level. But it's not a big deal considering that these games are so small that I can get to the final level in 10 min :)
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 17th, 2017, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Live link broken.