Previous NIGHTLY: 20170816 (Fx 57.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20170816 (Fx 56.0b3)

Tinderbox Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +41
  2. #1390255 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-stylo: A few stylist-related cleanups. [Uns][]
  3. #1390766 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-stylo: Remove complex handling of shorthand properties when determining if they are discrete or not [All][]
  4. #1376754 [Core:Disability Access APIs]-Intermittent crash in IPCError-browser | PDocAccessibleParent::AddChildDoc binding to nonexistant proxy! [Win][aes+]
  5. #776167 [Core:Document Navigation]-can't go back to the new tab page [All][]
  6. #1388391 [Core:DOM]-Track DOMError usage with telemetry [Uns][]
  7. #1389057 [Core:DOM: Push Notifications]-Console log on startup: "While creating services from category 'profile-after-change', service for entry 'Notification Telemetry Service', contract ID '@mozilla.org/notificationTelemetryService;1' does not implement nsIObserver." [Uns][]
  8. #1386751 [Core:Gecko Profiler]-Expose the PseudoStack entry to ProfilerStackCollector [Uns][]
  9. #1388818 [Core:Gecko Profiler]-Remove old profiler_suspend_and_sample_thread [Uns][]
  10. #1382997 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Assertion failure: TraceLogTextIdEnabled(TraceLogger_Scripts), at js/src/jit/CodeGenerator.cpp:9941 [Lin][[jsbugmon:update,bisect][fuzzblocker]]
  11. #1389776 [Core:js-ctypes]-Stop using getter/setter ClassOps in CTypes code [All][]
  12. #1388247 [Core:Networking: Cookies]-Label PCookieServiceChild [Uns][[necko-active]]
  13. #1390683 [Core:Networking: HTTP]-HTTP_*_COMPLETE_LOAD probes are used in nsLoadGroup::TelemetryReportChannel when using new cache [Uns][[necko-active]]
  14. #1390321 [Core:Panning and Zooming]-Remove the no-longer-used IAPZCTreeManager::CancelAnimation() function [All][[gfx-noted]]
  15. #1384493 [Core:Security]-dom/base/test/test_link_stylesheet.html fails when we enable rcwn, due to speculative loading style [Uns][]
  16. #1390131 [Core:Security: PSM]-Modify GenerateOCSPResponse.cpp to allow thisUpdate to be modified. [Uns][]
  17. #1367406 [Core:XPCOM]-Collect interleaved stacks in the Background Hang Reporter [Uns][]
  18. #1390282 [Firefox:Activity Streams: Newtab]-Allow RemotePageManager to accept an array of URLs [Uns][]
  19. #1390758 [Firefox:Developer Tools: CSS Rules Inspector]-Fix missing top border in the section headers within the rules view [Uns][]
  20. #1390727 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Inspector]-Add a consistent style for all the no result messages in the Inspector [Uns][]
  21. #1390746 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Inspector]-Add a consistent style for the accordion and section headers in the inspector sidepanels [Uns][]
  22. #1382248 [Firefox:General]-autoscroll.png is loaded but not shown at browser startup [Uns][[reserve-photon-performance]]
  23. #1389377 [Firefox:Preferences]-Make default in about:preferences should update default browser pane [Uns][[photon-preference]]
  24. #1388902 [Firefox:SocialAPI]-Shut down the last of socialapi [Uns][]
  25. #1376895 [Firefox:Tabbed Browser]-Make preloaded browser use pre-existing content process [Uns][[e10s-multi:+]]
  26. #1344446 [Firefox:Theme]-tab bar scroll buttons are too narrow for touchscreen use [Uns][[photon-visual][p3]]
  27. #1377003 [Firefox:Theme]-[Photon] Update sidebar tree styling on Linux [Uns][[photon-visual][p1]]
  28. #1387755 [Firefox:Theme]-tab separator color is too light [Uns][[reserve-photon-visual][p4]]
  29. #1387618 [Firefox:Theme]-Increase "Close tab" icon size with Touch density [Win][[reserve-photon-visual][p3]]
  30. #1388700 [Firefox:Theme]-Increase horizontal margin/padding of bookmarks toolbar items [All][[reserve-photon-visual][p2]]
  31. #1390182 [Firefox:Theme]-URL bar animation for Pocket and Star icons are in the wrong place (offset to the right of the normal icon) [Uns][[reserve-photon-visual]]
  32. #1390448 [Firefox:Theme]-Tab strip on OSX has moved up by 1px [Uns][[reserve-photon-visual]]
  33. #1390846 [Firefox:Theme]-Application Menu Separator looks like it’s a gradient, should have hard edges (should be shorter / floating) [All][[reserve-photon-visual]]
  34. #1390579 [Firefox:Toolbars and Customization]-Switching tabs from a loading page to a non-loading page plays the stop->reload animation [Uns][[reserve-photon-animation]]
  35. #1337314 [Toolkit:Form Manager]-[Form Autofill] Handle credit card number encryption while normalizing [All][[form autofill:M4][ETA:7/28]]
  36. #1383058 [Toolkit:Form Manager]-[Form Autofill] Always adopt autocomplete attribute and the info should not be changed. [All][[form autofill:M4] ]
  37. #1388238 [Toolkit:Form Manager]-Create MasterPassword.jsm to provide async wrappers around crypto-SDR and handle existing dialogs [All][[form autofill:M4]]
  38. #886907 [Toolkit:General]-(killSyncContentPrefs) Remove old synchronous contentPrefService from the tree [All][[reserve-photon-performance] [good first bug] [lang=js] [qf:p2]]
  39. #1376533 [Toolkit:Places]-Use idleDispatch for Places expiration [Uns][[fxsearch][reserve-photon-performance][qf:p1]]
  40. #1386012 [Toolkit:Telemetry]-"Late Writes" tab is listed twice on about:telemetry [Mac][[measurement:client]]
  41. #1341126 [Toolkit:WebExtensions: Frontend]-add open API to browser/page/sidebarAction [Uns][[design-decision-approved] triaged]
  42. #1389265 [Toolkit:WebExtensions: General]-contextualIdentities API resolves the promise when an error occurs [Uns][]
  1. Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None
  1. Beta 3 -> Beta 4 Changelog +8
  2. #1386333 [Cloud Services:Screenshots]-Remove Screenshots rollout pref [Uns][]
  3. #1389786 [Cloud Services:Screenshots]-Update Screenshots to version 10.12.0 [Uns][]
  4. #1387820 [Core:DOM: Device Interfaces]-WebAuthn assertion signatureData should contain only the signature [All][[webauthn] [webauthn-interop]]
  5. #1389733 [Core:Graphics]-Add missing Skia compile guards [Uns][]
  6. #1386821 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Graphic Commandline and Toolbar]-Developer toolbar not displayed when firefox first starts up [Uns][]
  7. #1390253 [Firefox:Installer]-Change stub installer's 64-bit minimum memory requirement from >= 1800 MB to > 2048 MB [Win][]
  8. #1388745 [Firefox:Preferences]-Some search results are not highlighted [All][[photon-preference]]
  9. #1386805 [Toolkit:WebExtensions: General]-tabs.saveAsPDF() doesn't work on Mac OS X [Uns][]

Nightly 57 fixes since 20170802 (Gecko 56) ~929
Beta 56 fixes since 20170613 (Gecko 55) ~2704

Firefox 56 Beta 4 Testday
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
MozRegression Guide
Last edited by Josa on August 17th, 2017, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DN123ABC

Re: The Official 20170817 builds are not yet out

Post by DN123ABC »

How does one search "bugzilla" for performance and memory bugs which were fixed from "beta 2" to "beta 3" (past couple days). It would be nice to see what is actually being improved in these builds as they come in. Please give instructions on how to do create and do these searches.

Thanks.
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

Hmm....ever since I removed CTR and trying to use userchrome.css, there are few thing I need to hide and modify.

1) How do I remove "Search with Google" or "Visit"? In the past, setting browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete to false seem to do the trick, but in firefox 56, this setting doesn't seem to work. Any idea how to hide it?

2) Is it me or....the back/forward button can't be customized/moved?

3) How to remove the "Star" bookmark button? I keep on accidentally clicked the "Star" when I want to click that mini-'bookmark' button.

and....at [@Gusar], I was trying to reduce the height of tab-content as shown in screen below:

by using your recommended css:
:root[uidensity=compact] { .tab-content, .tab-content[pinned] { padding: 0 6px !important; }
However, the height remain the same even though I expect it to be shorter......
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

@ashleylai87

I'm not 100% on what your trying to achieve with the url bar, but...
Have you looked at the options under 'Search' and 'Privacy & Security' ? You can remove search engines and have some control over what is displayed in the url bar. I don't display any results for example.

In 56 I think the buttons are built into the address bar. The Bookmark/Star button can't be separated as far as I know, this changes in 57 - the Star is part of the address bar and can be hidden.

As far as reducing your tab height, you don't seem to have any code for that. Try adding --tab-min-height,

Code: Select all

/*********************************************************/

/* BROWSER UI */

:root {
  --toolbarbutton-inner-padding: 6px !important;
  --tab-min-height: 28px !important;
}

.tab-content,
.tab-content[pinned] {
  padding: 0 9px !important;
}

:root #urlbar,
:root .searchbar-textbox {
  min-height: 29px !important;
}

.tabs-newtab-button {
  width: 24px !important;
}

/*** Compact ***/

:root[uidensity=compact] {
  --toolbarbutton-inner-padding: 3.7px !important;
  --tab-min-height: 24px !important;
}

:root[uidensity=compact] .tab-content,
:root[uidensity=compact] .tab-content[pinned] {
  padding: 0 6px !important;
}

:root[uidensity=compact] #urlbar,
:root[uidensity=compact] .searchbar-textbox {
  min-height: 23px !important;
  margin-top: 1px !important;
  margin-bottom: 2px !important;
}

/* BOOKMARKS BUTTON PADDING (left tab-bar) */

#bookmarks-menu-button {
  padding-right: 5px !important;
}

ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

Anleck wrote:@ashleylai87

1) I'm not 100% on what your trying to achieve with the url bar, but...
Have you looked at the options under 'Search' and 'Privacy & Security' ? You can remove search engines and have some control over what is displayed in the url bar. I don't display any results for example.

2) In 56 I think the buttons are built into the address bar. The Bookmark/Star button can't be separated as far as I know, this changes in 57 - the Star is part of the address bar and can be hidden.

As far as reducing your tab height, you don't seem to have any code for that. Try adding --tab-min-height,

1) Oh :D , allow me to explain, I would like to remove the "search with google" bar at urlbar as shown in http://www.askvg.com/tip-remove-search- ... r-results/

2) Bookmark/Star button can't be separated......okay.....at least I can hide the 'star' in upcoming 57.

3) Will test your css code ASAP......it works!!!! Thanks for the #bookmarks-menu-button, by 'extending' it, I no longer worry about accidentally clicking 'star'.

4) How do I remove the padding (highlighted as green lines in image below)?

EDIT: Thanks for the help ^.^b
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

I'm seeing something strange in bookmarks ordering.

Given bookmarks (in folder on the bookmarks toolbar):

A
B
C

If I drag A *down* to be above C, I expect to get:

B
A
C

But instead I get:

B
C
A

However I can drag A back *up* the list and it will work. For example, moving A above C properly gives me:

B
A
C

Anyone else seeing this?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

dsmith wrote:I'm seeing something strange in bookmarks ordering.

Given bookmarks (in folder on the bookmarks toolbar):

A
B
C

If I drag A *down* to be above C, I expect to get:

B
A
C

But instead I get:

B
C
A

However I can drag A back *up* the list and it will work. For example, moving A above C properly gives me:

B
A
C

Anyone else seeing this?

Confirmed and filed
[*]#1391166 [Firefox:Bookmarks & History]-Reordering of Bookmarks via Drag&Drop is incorrect [Uns]
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

@ashleylai87

You're welcome. I am not a coder or really well versed in css. I have picked up a little from others here on the forum (somebody may come correct and/or improve what i have shared).

Not sure about the address bar. In normal mode I don't think (I don't know) you can reduce the spacing. In compact mode try altering margin-top/margin-bottom,

}
Try playing with this for the bookmarks toolbar,

#PersonalToolbar {
  height:16px!important
  margin-bottom: 1px !important;
}
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

Anleck wrote:@ashleylai87

You're welcome. I am not a coder or really well versed in css. I have picked up a little from others here on the forum (somebody may come correct and/or improve what i have shared).

Not sure about the address bar. In normal mode I don't think (I don't know) you can reduce the spacing. In compact mode try altering margin-top/margin-bottom,

}
Try playing with this for the bookmarks toolbar,

#PersonalToolbar {
  height:16px!important
  margin-bottom: 1px !important;
}

Don't sell yourself short.....you have more experience than me.

Was able to find some css to disable that dreaded "Search with" and "visit".

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
/* Firefox 43+ "Visit..." or "Search..." bar in the drop-down */
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult richlistitem:first-of-type[actiontype="searchengine"],
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"]{
display:none !important;
}
/* Increase height to avoid scroll bar */
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistbox {
height: auto !important;
max-height: calc(31px * 10) !important;
}
/* Restore persistent display of drop-marker */
#urlbar:not(:hover) > .urlbar-textbox-container > .urlbar-history-dropmarker {
opacity: 1 !important;
}
/* No exception for search engine keywords */
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

Thanks - Silly me, nav bar height,

#nav-bar {
  height: 34px;
}
Will make this the last css post - getting a bit much for this thread.
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

Anleck wrote:Thanks - Silly me, nav bar height,

#nav-bar {
  height: 34px;
}
Will make this the last css post - getting a bit much for this thread.
:D d^.^ Thank you. Finally those bars become usable. Preparing to copy paste css script to 13 desktop/laptop systems.......I sure don't want family members to start complaining right after CTR is disabled automatically after updating to version 57 in future.... [-o<

Moving out from CSS theming discussion.....anyone know why starting from firefox 55 onward, fennec android version 'move to sdcard' option no longer available?
alex-the-cat

Post by alex-the-cat »

Edds wrote: Yes, because it IS a release icon from pre-australis era (I think).
They are playing with something, so at this point I don't care.
i know, but i do care because both Nightly and Release are installed here.
Please Fold! Rage3D is a nice place to start
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Perhaps you newbies to Nightly versions might know this but userchrome.css will probably be deprecated in the near future according to various articles on the subject. The whole purpose of Webextensions is not to expose any internal stuff to the user for security reasons. Modifying the Chrome falls into this category. Why not try to live without any css mods? You'd be surprised how many css mods and Add-ons you can live without. Of course the choice is yours. :-)
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Josa

Re: The Official 20170817 builds are out

Post by Josa »