Nightly userChrome.css customizations

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
mozray

Nightly userChrome.css customizations

Post by mozray »

Was wondering if any of you are still relying on userChrome.css to customize your Nightly browser.

if so, what does your Nightly look like? Here's mine:

- Removed a bunch of unnecessary menu items from the Hamburger menu
- Merged the Awesomebar with the rest of the addon icons so everything looks seamless
- Removed maximize icon and added the Downloads icon to the titlebar

I'm still using a few legacy addons though.
tauio111

Re: Nightly userChrome.css customizations

Post by tauio111 »

Not sure if its the right subforum for this thread.

But here is mine, wish I could be able to edit the scrollbars or disable them without a css hack.
I was able to migrate almost all from stylish to Stylus+userchrome, sadly, scrollbar editing is not allowed through userchrome.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Have you tried your scrollbar edits in userContent?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

tauio111 wrote:sadly, scrollbar editing is not allowed through userchrome.
Sadly, you didn't look at the chrome scrollbars in the sidebar, Bookmark Manager, etc where it is.

What you are thinking of is content scrollbars which, unsurprisingly, gives the scrollbars on content webpages. As sssssmith writes, try userContent.css for those.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

Here're a couple of my themes. Haven't ported them over to userChrome.css yet.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Jgr9

Post by Jgr9 »

Mainly tabs below the other bars and removal of the white transparent toolbar backgrounds (except for the active tab of course). I also have 1 bookmark I should probably remove since the site's dead and it'll fit better again. And yes, the new thinner icons don't work so well on the right side when they're white, but this is still my favorite theme, though it's been incompatible with how Firefox currently looks for a long time now. And older icons weren't so bad on it. Maybe I could use the new flexible spaces to shrink my url bar without adding the search bar, but at this point I think it'd just look weird, I've had it like this for so long (with varying amounts of addon icons... because nightly).

(Why can't I resize an image in the code here?.... ugh.)

I'd also prefer to have the old addon bar enabled on the bottom again (because I don't really like the webpage directly up against my taskbar), even though I didn't use it for anything, but currently having an additional toolbar breaks Youtube expanded video scaling with my current tweaks and resolution. (I think I've got an about:config modification setting my webpage scaling that I set a long time ago, 1:1 or something like that, which I believe also effected my Youtube video scaling compatibility, idk).
tauio111

Post by tauio111 »

Frank Lion wrote:
tauio111 wrote:sadly, scrollbar editing is not allowed through userchrome.
Sadly, you didn't look at the chrome scrollbars in the sidebar, Bookmark Manager, etc where it is.

What you are thinking of is content scrollbars which, unsurprisingly, gives the scrollbars on content webpages. As sssssmith writes, try userContent.css for those.
userChrome scrollbars nor userContent scrollbars get overriden.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=796805
The last message in that thread seems to imply that USER mode css overrides are not allowed to touch the scrollbars, the AGENT_SHEET ones as Stylish used to use could.
mozray

Post by mozray »

tauio111 wrote:But here is mine, wish I could be able to edit the scrollbars or disable them without a css hack.
Interesting tab bar there! All text and really narrow.
Caspid wrote:Here're a couple of my themes. Haven't ported them over to userChrome.css yet.
Nice! I remember seeing your themes on userstyles.org.
Jgr9 wrote:I'd also prefer to have the old addon bar enabled on the bottom again (because I don't really like the webpage directly up against my taskbar)
The new Overflow menu (the chevron arrow) can act as a sort of addon bar. Here's a GIF from the Firefox Nightly blog:

You can move addon icons there quite easily by right-clicking on the addon icon and selecting Pin to Overflow Menu.
Jgr9

Post by Jgr9 »

Well, like I said, I don't actually use it for addons, just as a border between my taskbar and the webpage. But having it on causes conflicts with youtube videos on my setup.