Where is the password manager in 2.48

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: Where is the password manager in 2.48

Post by Frank Lion »

Ztruker wrote:When I use Tools, Data Manager, the Passwords tab is not active.
The Data Manager defaults to show 'All Data Types' (box in the top left) and so if the website showing has no Passwords, then that tab is not active.

Just select 'Passwords Only' in that top left box or leave it and select a site, using the searchbox, where you know you have a password and up they pop.
Ztruker wrote:I do have Tools, Password Manager though...
The Password Manager is just the same old Data Manager, but with that top left box already selected to 'Passwords Only'.

Your advice was good anyway, but for different reasons, i.e. this is no longer the 1990's. :P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

In the Data Manager, Permissions Only works even better in 2.49 than it does in 2.48, since it is limited to cookies and permission to install add-ons.

SCSilvera,
That menu is not a path or a page. It is the menubar. For Windows, you need to click Alt on the keyboard to see it.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Ztruker wrote:When I use Tools, Data Manager, the Paswords tab is not active.
I do have Tools, Password Manager though, probably because I also have Sea Fox installed.

Simple fix, install Sea Fox.
Did you select Passwords Only from the dropdown box in the upper left corner?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

Frank Lion wrote:
Ztruker wrote:When I use Tools, Data Manager, the Passwords tab is not active.
The Data Manager defaults to show 'All Data Types' (box in the top left) and so if the website showing has no Passwords, then that tab is not active.

Just select 'Passwords Only' in that top left box or leave it and select a site, using the searchbox, where you know you have a password and up they pop.
Ztruker wrote:I do have Tools, Password Manager though...
The Password Manager is just the same old Data Manager, but with that top left box already selected to 'Passwords Only'.

Your advice was good anyway, but for different reasons, i.e. this is no longer the 1990's. :P
Ah-ha. Thanks, Frank. I tried that before but since there was no indication anything was happening I thought it was not working. I had to wait about 5 seconds, then the password info showed up.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda