The Official 20170826 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mouse5

Re: The Official 20170826 builds are not yet out

Post by Mouse5 »

malliz wrote:Another waste of Dev time and resources something Mozilla is very good at
exactly what i thought, i dont think there will be any animation or not much of it on Linux ? i dont particularly care for it TBH
toolong

Post by toolong »

Sure you have to sell the sizzle but eventually you do have to come up with the sausage. Maybe the whole rah rah works better in the states not so much out here

Good point. "out here"? May I ask where that is? Curious only.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

I don't mind the tab burst either, I really like it, but I agree with everyone here saying time could've been used better
toolong

Post by toolong »

malliz wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlis ... ile&u=2043
Location location location :)

Understood. And agree.
toolong

Post by toolong »

tomatoshadow2 wrote:I don't mind the tab burst either, I really like it, but I agree with everyone here saying time could've been used better

Doing what?

They *might* do what you want if you tell them what you want.

Think about it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

tomatoshadow2 wrote:I don't mind the tab burst either, I really like it, but I agree with everyone here saying time could've been used better
I think, we all think, the bursts was a nice idea.

But, not pointing any fingers, they coulda been done better.

Interestingly, I'm told that the picture was only taken 2 weeks ago. ;)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

The screw of ux-team's head may be loose.

[*]#1391325 [Firefox:Preferences]-Scroll region is not clear between Side menu pane and the right side detail pane of Preferences and Addon Manager. [Uns]

[*]#1393777 [Firefox:Toolbars and Customization]-Inconsistency menupopup scroll UI between Bookmarks toolbutton and history toolbutton [Uns]

[*]#1394060 [Firefox:Tabbed Browser]-burst when click a bookmarks (link) while page is loading [Win]

[*]#1394064 [Firefox:Theme]-Sidebar is too bright [Win]

[*]#1394067 [Firefox:Theme]-The state of the FindBar button is not displayed in dark theme [Win]

broken broke broken ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Last edited by Alice0775 on August 25th, 2017, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mupasa

Post by Mupasa »

Somebody knows why browser.bookmarks.getChildren working slow on folders with subfolders with subfolders with many elements? Looks like this function getting subtree first (like browser.bookmarks.getSubTree) and then removed childrens.
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

Download button in the Customization window, is in inbound.
veryslow

Post by veryslow »

The new loading indicator isn't clear enough about differentiating the connection phase (DNS resolution etc.) and the actual loading of a page. It seems that the animation for both is the same, and the only difference is the color. I'm not colorblind or anything, but it's not as easy to perceive as before, now I have to look really close to see what's happening. Meh.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Anleck wrote:Download button in the Customization window, is in inbound.
Now on m-c, and should be in today's Nightly. I did have to go into 'Customize' and place the button back on the NavBar.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I'm out of practice. I had to disable Tab Mix Plus to see the new tab animation.

My opinion? Meh! it's nothing special and the programming time should have been applied elsewhere.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
flaneurb

Post by flaneurb »

ICQ5 wrote:...
..., i dont think there will be any animation or not much of it on Linux ? ...
There seems to be a biggish dot that moves from back and forth horizontally and then, presumably to indicate the completion, there a sort of transient, translucent "overlay" that moves left-to-right and disappears. Both the biggish dot and curtain are the same color and seem to be based on my gtk3 theme.
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

veryslow wrote:The new loading indicator isn't clear enough about differentiating the connection phase (DNS resolution etc.) and the actual loading of a page. It seems that the animation for both is the same, and the only difference is the color. I'm not colorblind or anything, but it's not as easy to perceive as before, now I have to look really close to see what's happening. Meh.
Not sure if this helps (made pink to stand out)...

Code: Select all

.tab-throbber {
  color: pink  !important;
}
Only had a quick look, not sure how to change the blue colour of the second part of the animation. If it is possible I'm sure someone will let us know.

And there is this - Thanks Cosminn for the link,

Code: Select all

.tab-loading-burst[bursting]::before {
  fill: #666  !important;
}
@TheVisitor, yes I also had to place it manually.

Edit: lightblue seems to work ok for the tab-throbber - enough contrast for me, without sticking out too much either.