[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
85rx-7se

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by 85rx-7se »

Try clearing any cookies used for Forecast Fox and also for Ebay then try it again.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

85rx-7se wrote:Try clearing any cookies used for Forecast Fox and also for Ebay then try it again.
That didnt help. Any other ideas guys? thx
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Try Firefox in Safe Mode and see what happens. If Ebay is okay, then it is an extension causing a problem. Reenable them one by one until the trouble appears. It could be Forecast Fox is conflicting with some other add on.
Note: This came from the review page of Forecast Fox ... seems the issue is in Firefox

Interferes with Websites -Somehow Rated 3 out of 5 stars

by countryathlon on August 18, 2017 · permalink

It took me many months to figure out that forecastfox somehow interfered with various pages loading. I am totally shocked right now... Pages on sites such as ebay would not load when clicked on, until refreshed -it was driving me nuts! Disabling forecastfox fixed the problem. This began with some version prior to webextensions, and continued all the way up to the current version (4.5 at the time of this writing). Things were so good for so long, but alas -I must move on.

by Oleksandr (Developer) on August 19, 2017 · permalink

The problems are not in the extension, - problems in Firefox: there is an error in processing "chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived" method for these sites .. But I want to please you - in new versions of Firefox, including in Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-02), this problem has already been fixed

You can try the Nightly build here (I would back up your profile folder first, just to be safe)
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/
andrixnet

Post by andrixnet »

Official answer about toolbars support in WebExtensions from Mozilla:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 215064#c33
pag77

Post by pag77 »

smsmith wrote:My apologies if this has been mentioned... it's 53-page thread. :D

I've set the icons to be the Classic Winstripe 1.0 in the options. The button icon changes, the panel that opens when you click the button icons change, and the floating toolbar icons change. But when I close the options or switch to another tab, the only one that stays as my choice is the button icon. All others revert to the AccuWeather Modern icons (probably because I had used that choice earlier in session. And, when I close and reopen the browser, they ALL revert to the default icons. Will try to reproduce in a clean profile. This profile has been around for years and is my "Nightly" profile.

Still happens in Firefox 55.0.2. From what I can tell, the icons will revert to the previous selection after each restart. For instance, in my release version profile, I had previously chosen the wPod icons. After switching to something else, closing the options page, the toolbar button stays at the new selection, the panel shows the wPod icons, and the floating toolbar shows the wPod icons. Reopening the options shows the new selection is active. Closing and restarting the browser, and everything is back to wPod.

Let me know if that makes sense or not.
Thank you for your bug-report!
jsal0318 wrote:The latest version of forecast fox is incompatible with ebay. Is there a way to fix this issue? thx

Please ref; this thread for more info...
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032912
The problems are not in the extension, - problems in Firefox: there is an error in processing "chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived" method for these sites .. But I want to please you - in new versions of Firefox, including in Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-02), this problem has already been fixed

You can try the Nightly build here (I would back up your profile folder first, just to be safe)
andrixnet wrote:Official answer about toolbars support in WebExtensions from Mozilla:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 215064#c33
>> Toolbars are on the WebExtensions roadmap. The need for additional details around policy, implementation and UX will, unfortunately, prevent them from appearing in 57.

Well, we will wait... :)
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

I've been experiencing ridiculous slowdowns in Firefox over the last few weeks/months, and have tried everything, and finally narrowed it down to Forecastfox.

With it disabled, firefox screams. Enabled - Firefox slows to a crawl.

I'm on the latest 55.0.3 64 bit (upgraded to 64 bit trying to resolve the problems), with only a few Addons now, Windows 7 Pro )updated)

Blaming this on Firefox is ridiculous. The old version(s) worked great.

I am now looking for an alternative, but sadly doesn't look like there are any, so it stays disabled unless/until this issue is resolved.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

pag77 wrote: The problems are not in the extension, - problems in Firefox: there is an error in processing "chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived" method for these sites .. But I want to please you - in new versions of Firefox, including in Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-02), this problem has already been fixed
I will not be upgrading to 57+ for some time, so what version was/were these problems fixed in so I can test if this resolves my massive firefox slowdown problems?

Thanks
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Maybe this has been answered before, but what does the red background behind the temperature (show temperature on button) mean? It's usually gray, but sometimes it's red. I'm using v4.5.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Maybe this has been answered before, but what does the red background behind the temperature (show temperature on button) mean? It's usually gray, but sometimes it's red. I'm using v4.5.
I believe the 'red' indicates a warning of some weather conditions - severe storm/tornado etc...
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

nothing i try is working for me issue with forecastfox and ebay so far. II tried all of the above but to no avail. Any ideas? thx :)
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

I had to disable this extension. It was completely killing my Firefox version 56 (beta 6).
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

TheVisitor wrote:I believe the 'red' indicates a warning of some weather conditions - severe storm/tornado etc...
Maybe so, but the weather in my area is pretty calm today. It was red for a while, but now is gray.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
JOJ0

Post by JOJ0 »

@Olek
There are some errors in console for the match pattern. Due to compatibility reporter extension unclear future for now I'm unable to report actual noncompliance.Could you look at the issue? Appearing on 55.0.2 and 55.0.3 but not appearing in Nightly.

Code: Select all

Invalid match pattern: 'ws://*/*'  MatchPattern.jsm:58
	SingleMatchPattern resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:58:7
	this.MatchPattern/this.matchers< resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:125:34
	map self-hosted:291:17
	this.MatchPattern resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:125:21
	addContentPolicy resource://gre/modules/WebRequestContent.js:54:21
	receiveMessage resource://gre/modules/WebRequestContent.js:62:9
	waitForSyncCallback resource://services-common/async.js:98:7
	makeSpinningCallback/callback.wait resource://services-common/async.js:168:27
	promiseSpinningly resource://services-common/async.js:234:12
	observe resource://services-sync/engines/bookmarks.js:991:11
	observe resource://services-common/observers.js:132:7
	notify resource://services-common/observers.js:89:5
	onStartup resource://services-sync/service.js:324:7
	<anonymous> resource://services-sync/service.js:1400:1
	lazyImport/getter/< resource://services-sync/main.js:23:7
	ensureLoaded jar:file:///D:/Downloads/FirefoxPortable/App/firefox64/omni.ja!/components/Weave.js:80:5
	notify jar:file:///D:/Downloads/FirefoxPortable/App/firefox64/omni.ja!/components/Weave.js:117:11
Invalid match pattern: 'wss://*/*'  MatchPattern.jsm:58
	SingleMatchPattern resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:58:7
	this.MatchPattern/this.matchers< resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:125:34
	map self-hosted:291:17
	this.MatchPattern resource://gre/modules/MatchPattern.jsm:125:21
	addContentPolicy resource://gre/modules/WebRequestContent.js:54:21
	receiveMessage resource://gre/modules/WebRequestContent.js:62:9
	waitForSyncCallback resource://services-common/async.js:98:7
	makeSpinningCallback/callback.wait resource://services-common/async.js:168:27
	promiseSpinningly resource://services-common/async.js:234:12
	observe resource://services-sync/engines/bookmarks.js:991:11
	observe resource://services-common/observers.js:132:7
	notify resource://services-common/observers.js:89:5
	onStartup resource://services-sync/service.js:324:7
	<anonymous> resource://services-sync/service.js:1400:1
	lazyImport/getter/< resource://services-sync/main.js:23:7
	ensureLoaded jar:file:///D:/Downloads/FirefoxPortable/App/firefox64/omni.ja!/components/Weave.js:80:5
	notify jar:file:///D:/Downloads/FirefoxPortable/App/firefox64/omni.ja!/components/Weave.js:117:11
Invalid match pattern: 'ws://*/*'  MatchPattern.jsm:58
Invalid match pattern: 'wss://*/*'  MatchPattern.jsm:58
pag77

Post by pag77 »

JOJ0 wrote:@Olek
There are some errors in console for the match pattern. Due to compatibility reporter extension unclear future for now I'm unable to report actual noncompliance.Could you look at the issue? Appearing on 55.0.2 and 55.0.3 but not appearing in Nightly.
Are you sure that this is from Forecastfox? I do not use the 'ws://*/*' template
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:I believe the 'red' indicates a warning of some weather conditions - severe storm/tornado etc...
Maybe so, but the weather in my area is pretty calm today. It was red for a while, but now is gray.
Red also can mean problems when getting weather data
jsal0318 wrote:nothing i try is working for me issue with forecastfox and ebay so far. II tried all of the above but to no avail. Any ideas? thx :)
Please wait Firefox 56 or 57
tanstaafl_bh wrote:
pag77 wrote: The problems are not in the extension, - problems in Firefox: there is an error in processing "chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived" method for these sites .. But I want to please you - in new versions of Firefox, including in Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-02), this problem has already been fixed
I will not be upgrading to 57+ for some time, so what version was/were these problems fixed in so I can test if this resolves my massive firefox slowdown problems?
Now in Firefox two engines are simultaneously used (for XUL and for WebExtensions), therefore some conflicts are possible. Wait for Firefox 57 - this browser will only have WebExtensions
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

jsal0318 wrote:The latest version of forecast fox is incompatible with ebay. Is there a way to fix this issue? thx

Please ref; this thread for more info...
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3032912
pag77 wrote:The problems are not in the extension, - problems in Firefox: there is an error in processing "chrome.webRequest.onHeadersReceived" method for these sites .. But I want to please you - in new versions of Firefox, including in Firefox Nightly 57.0a1 (2017-08-02), this problem has already been fixed

ok thx