Firefox 55 sync.Who should I ask help with this?[Linux.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
okasion

Firefox 55 sync.Who should I ask help with this?[Linux.]

Post by okasion »

I upgraded to Firefox 55 manually some weeks ago, I have been using Mint for a long time now; I upgraded and I configured the sync stuff.. nothing strange so far.

I know Firefox 55 has some components still working with many problems, but is synchronization working so bad that people has to re enter their synchronization password 2 or 3 times per day without exception?

> https://kek.gg/i/7GxXMP.png

Please help..
Last edited by LIMPET235 on August 25th, 2017, 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore the forum layout & [Added Linux]
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox 55 sync.Who should I ask help with this?[Linux.]

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
okasion

Post by okasion »

Sorry for bumping the thread, but the problem still persists; does anybody have an idea what could I try so I don't have to relogin my sync account various times per day?
okasion

Post by okasion »

Dear devs, I know you are working hard and have other priorities, but it has been almost a week since I made this thread and had no answer at all; I upgraded to Firefox 55.0.3 (from 55.0.1) but I still have this super annoying problem, I would really appreciate any sort of help or tip to fix this at this point.
Thanks in advance.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

There are no Firefox developers around here. Just a bunch of Firefox users, like you.
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
okasion

Post by okasion »

the-edmeister wrote:There are no Firefox developers around here. Just a bunch of Firefox users, like you.
mozillaZine is an independent Mozilla community and advocacy site. We're not affiliated or endorsed by the Mozilla Corporation but we love them just the same.
Then, as I asked in the first place, where should I ask for help?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
okasion

Post by okasion »

I opened Firefox today and it didn't ask to sync my account! maybe the devs read this forums? I mean, what is the purpose of these forums then?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Read Below from James.
Last edited by Grumpus on September 2nd, 2017, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
James

Post by James »

okasion wrote:I opened Firefox today and it didn't ask to sync my account! maybe the devs read this forums? I mean, what is the purpose of these forums then?
This mozillaZine forum has existed since Nov 4, 2002 and Mozilla did make use of this forum for users looking for Firefox support outside of Mozilla newsgroups and irc. It was not until 2007 at earliest that Mozilla started having their own KB and support forum for desktop Firefox at support.mozilla.org and later on including other things including most recently being Thunderbird even though it is not really a Mozilla product anymore.

People come here for Thunderbird and also SeaMonkey support besides desktop Firefox.

mozillaZine was originally going to be a guitar website actually.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=329100
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 934#p14934
okasion

Post by okasion »

I CANNOT login to Bugzilla; they have closed both the registration and the login via GitHub; I don't know what is happening. This is the closest place I can ask for help.
Am I the only one having problems with the synchronization of Firefox in version 55? please I humble ask for ideas guys..
Last edited by okasion on September 3rd, 2017, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
okasion

Post by okasion »

James wrote:
okasion wrote:I opened Firefox today and it didn't ask to sync my account! maybe the devs read this forums? I mean, what is the purpose of these forums then?
This mozillaZine forum has existed since Nov 4, 2002 and Mozilla did make use of this forum for users looking for Firefox support outside of Mozilla newsgroups and irc. It was not until 2007 at earliest that Mozilla started having their own KB and support forum for desktop Firefox at support.mozilla.org and later on including other things including most recently being Thunderbird even though it is not really a Mozilla product anymore.

People come here for Thunderbird and also SeaMonkey support besides desktop Firefox.

mozillaZine was originally going to be a guitar website actually.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=329100
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 934#p14934
Wow I didn't know that. Well as I stated in my previously post, Mozilla/Firefox "closed" themselves, anyone try submitting a bug, you won't be able to.