can not change colors of the subject right-click menu (Linux

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
poppame2805

can not change colors of the subject right-click menu (Linux

Post by poppame2805 »

Everything was fine until I updated Thunderbird to:
tbird 52.2.1 64-bit
(K)Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS ; kde 4:4.13.3; HP amd64

Now, when I right-click the "Subject" field in the mail list, which pops up the full
subject contents, I can not not distinguish the text because the background and foreground colors are too similar for me to differentiate them. I am mildly colorblind
but the background appears to be a dark brown(?). The foreground and background are both dark (to me).

I have tried to change "browser.display.foreground_color" in prefs.js and some of
the colors in "preferences", but the pop-up colors do not change.

How can I change these pop-up color(s)?

Thanks
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 1st, 2017, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line..
DanRaisch

Re: can not change colors of the subject right-click pop-up

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
poppame2805

Re: can not change colors of the subject right-click pop-up

Post by poppame2805 »

welll, yes and no. I restarted in safemode. The right click now brings up the same popup (about 20 choices) as does the left click in "normal" mode. HOWEVER (and I assure you I am in-no-way "under the influence") 2 strange things happened as I repeatedly and rapidly right clicked on a few different subject fields (at least a hundred clicks):

1 Occasionally, a grey and black line of text popped up containing (what I think) was the Subject line and almost immediately disappeared. This occurred a few times and was not repeatable.

2 ONCE, and only once, the brown/black Subject text appeared and stayed. By looking closely, I could read most of the text.

There it is (or is it?).

Is there a way I could fall back to a previous release?

Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: can not change colors of the subject right-click menu (L

Post by DanRaisch »

What you are describing sounds like a video card issue. Have you confirmed that you are using the latest drivers for that hardware?
poppame2805

Post by poppame2805 »

All other colors for: icons, photos, window decorations, font colors, etc. are unchanged.
Even if it was a driver problem, I could handle this color issue by switching the popup background and/or foreground colors.

But how??

Also, when I wrote:
The right click now brings up the same popup (about 20 choices) as does the left click[
-- I was wrong; In safemode, the left click works the same as in "normal" mode.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »