Logout Google Bot

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Reflective

Logout Google Bot

Post by Reflective »

Today when I went to log in I was presented with the message you see in the screenshot.

Why would the forum software mistake me for the Google Bot?

I was logged out at the time by the way.
makaiguy

Re: Logout Google Bot

Post by makaiguy »

Reflective wrote:Why would the forum software mistake me for the Google Bot?
Because you're so darned cute? 8-[
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@Reflective - sometimes this occurs coming from certain sites.
Best guess is it happens when one of the Google services is trying to update something like malware or spoofed site info as you are leaving another site and go to log into the 'zine.
Sometimes it's difficult to break free from it but clear your cache, log out as the Google bot , go to a blank page (about:blank) and then try the 'zine again.
This is just a suggestion for a fix as it sometimes breaks free easier with just a logout and a hit on the bookamrk.
It's also been suggested it's George the 'zines resident gremlin but it might just be ghosts in the machine.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
kurasov1965o

Logout Google Bot

Post by kurasov1965o »

my guess is, locally, the server machine has a different IP address. What is the public IP of the server? I wanna see it
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

None of your business
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"