Youtube in Android ssue

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
GrapeLivre

Youtube in Android ssue

Post by GrapeLivre »

Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

My Add-ons: Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Self-Self-destructing Cookies, Video Background Play Fix, and Ublock Origin.

How could I fix it? Thanks.
Firefox 57.02 (64 bit). Enabled extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, NoSquint Plus, uBlock Orgin, and Theme and Font Size Changer. Windows 8.
makaiguy

Re: Youtube in Android ssue

Post by makaiguy »

If you can't get it fixed, try using the Android Youtube app.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
GrapeLivre

Post by GrapeLivre »

Do you know what could be causing the issue? I'm not sure what else to do.
Firefox 57.02 (64 bit). Enabled extensions: HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, NoSquint Plus, uBlock Orgin, and Theme and Font Size Changer. Windows 8.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile as this relates to the Android version of Firefox,
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

GrapeLivre wrote:Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

My Add-ons: Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Self-Self-destructing Cookies, Video Background Play Fix, and Ublock Origin.

If I recall correctly... the above extension allows a user to 'protect' certain cookies from being deleted... did you protect cookies for U.T.?? ... so maybe that extensions isn't removing it/them?

EDIT ... else ... try what makaiguy posted.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
GrapeLivre

Post by GrapeLivre »

dfoulkes wrote:
GrapeLivre wrote:Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

If I recall correctly... the above extension allows a user to 'protect' certain cookies from being deleted... did you protect cookies for U.T.?? ... so maybe that extensions isn't removing it/them?

EDIT ... else ... try what makaiguy posted.
I didn't protect cookies for Yotube. I can delete Self-Destructing Cookies to see if that works. I could try the Youtube app.