"Legacy" going, going . . .

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
jhaber3

"Legacy" going, going . . .

Post by jhaber3 »

Can I just register how sad I am that Firefox will be losing all my extensions this fall? I just don't know how I can possibly continue to use it after that. I never expected this, I can' justify it, and it's a real blow. I rely on those extensions every single day. (FWIW, I have FireFTP, although I'm guessing there will be alternatives; AdBlock Plus, although I'm guessing that it will create an update; YesScript because popups on, say, the New York Daily News are offensive, and I have no idea the alternatives; Better Privacy; and Classic Theme Restorer. I'm sure the last will be gone without an alternative, sadly indeed.)
DanRaisch

Re: "Legacy" going, going . . .

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox General.
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

What's that? I just searched the Web for Firefox General and got hits only for the "general" tab in Firefox options.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's the Firefox General forum, which is where this thread is now located.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

jhaber3 wrote:Can I just register how sad I am that Firefox will be losing all my extensions this fall? I just don't know how I can possibly continue to use it after that. I never expected this, I can' justify it, and it's a real blow. I rely on those extensions every single day. (FWIW, I have FireFTP, although I'm guessing there will be alternatives; AdBlock Plus, although I'm guessing that it will create an update; YesScript because popups on, say, the New York Daily News are offensive, and I have no idea the alternatives; Better Privacy; and Classic Theme Restorer. I'm sure the last will be gone without an alternative, sadly indeed.)
Try SeaMonkey or Pale Moon as alternatives. I have both set up on my machine with most of my add-ons still intact.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14764840
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Last time I looked this was not a Pale Moon forum. So keep the evangelism to third part builds ok?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

While Maliz is of course correct, I do appreciate Grizzly's pointing out browsers developed off Mozilla code. I'll have to check everything out. A pity it's necessary, as it take time and I never thought I'd be abandoning Firefox. How strange they seem to have planned on that.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this in favor of the thread noted in Frank's post.