MozillaZine

Youtube in Android ssue

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
GrapeLivre

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 6:34 am

Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

My Add-ons: Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Self-Self-destructing Cookies, Video Background Play Fix, and Ublock Origin.

How could I fix it? Thanks.

makaiguy

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 8:13 am

If you can't get it fixed, try using the Android Youtube app.
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win10 (64bit): FF 52.4.0 ESR (64bit), TB 52.3.0 (32bit)║ Android 7.0/6.0.2: FF 56.0, No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

GrapeLivre

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 8:38 am

Do you know what could be causing the issue? I'm not sure what else to do.

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 9:28 am

Moving to Mobile as this relates to the Android version of Firefox,

dfoulkes

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 9:50 am

GrapeLivre wrote:Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

My Add-ons: Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Self-Self-destructing Cookies, Video Background Play Fix, and Ublock Origin.

If I recall correctly... the above extension allows a user to 'protect' certain cookies from being deleted... did you protect cookies for U.T.?? ... so maybe that extensions isn't removing it/them?

EDIT ... else ... try what makaiguy posted.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

GrapeLivre

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 10:58 am

dfoulkes wrote:
GrapeLivre wrote:Sometimes I have trouble playing YouTube videos on Android. I have Firefox 55.0.2. I press play and nothing happens. It still happens when: Clearing the cache and restarting it. Disabling my Add-ons. Using desktop view.

If I recall correctly... the above extension allows a user to 'protect' certain cookies from being deleted... did you protect cookies for U.T.?? ... so maybe that extensions isn't removing it/them?

EDIT ... else ... try what makaiguy posted.

I didn't protect cookies for Yotube. I can delete Self-Destructing Cookies to see if that works. I could try the Youtube app.

Return to Mobile