adding contacts from Windows Mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BruceAWittmeier

adding contacts from Windows Mail

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I have all my old contacts from Windows Mail (Vista Ultimate) and I want to import them to my gmail account using Thunderbird address book. I don't see an import option. I tried just dragging 1 into the contacts window but it did not show as imported.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
DanRaisch

Re: adding contacts from Windows Mail

Post by DanRaisch »

See if this article clears things up -- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/sw ... hunderbird
BruceAWittmeier

Thanks, Dan. I only have a pretty old .csv file and it didn't have all the addresses I wanted but they can now be added as needed. I still have the old addresses but not in a .csv file -- so I have to add them one by one.

Can I create a .csv file from my directory list of email addresses?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If they are in a text format you can try loading them into a spreadsheet program and adding the commas, reordering columns, etc. and then saving the data to CSV format to make it usable by the import process.
BruceAWittmeier

I am also new to Windows 10. I discovered that in the C:\Users\<username>\Contacts -- if I widen the directory display Windows I have the option to export to CSV file. I can copy all my old contacts to the same directory -- I'm all set.