[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mightyglydd

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by mightyglydd »

Question Aris; with 57 is it possible to move the menu button to the left...or is is cast in stone on the right like ******.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ThePhenomenon wrote:Can you check this out please? Hopefully it's not caused by something personal.
Screenshot 1 | Screenshot 2
In one case the bookmark star column is there. In the other case it's been glitchly removed. But what's really puzzling is that it's not a proper option. It comes from toggling something (the back and forward buttons) that I would not expect to have any effect on the auto-complete menu!
I can not reproduce this and you are right about "mov. back and forward buttons" option should not have an affect on location bars popup. At least there is no code in CTR that can do this on purpose.
Can you create a new Firefox profile without any other add-ons installed and test again?
mightyglydd wrote:Question Aris; with 57 is it possible to move the menu button to the left...or is is cast in stone on the right like ******.
It is possible. Look here to see what I have tested so far: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/365
ThePhenomenon

Post by ThePhenomenon »

Aris wrote:
ThePhenomenon wrote:Can you check this out please? Hopefully it's not caused by something personal.
Screenshot 1 | Screenshot 2
In one case the bookmark star column is there. In the other case it's been glitchly removed. But what's really puzzling is that it's not a proper option. It comes from toggling something (the back and forward buttons) that I would not expect to have any effect on the auto-complete menu!
I can not reproduce this and you are right about "mov. back and forward buttons" option should not have an affect on location bars popup. At least there is no code in CTR that can do this on purpose.
Can you create a new Firefox profile without any other add-ons installed and test again?
Thanks for the support. I think it could be just my system, but still... I downloaded another copy of Firefox Portable 52 ESR and installed it on a different folder than my current one. I then installed only, and right away, Classic Theme Restorer. I changed its settings to Firefox preset and then toggled the back and forward buttons option. The bookmark column still disappeared from the auto-complete menu! Although I didn't come across the indentation glitch in this short experience. Screenshot. The image has been edited to blur some information in the parts where the text looks glitchy. This is darn Windows 10, 64-bit. I don't have any special programs installed other than 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. :)
Edit: Busted! I figured it out. I am unusually moving the back and forward buttons to the right side of the screen, as seen on the screenshot. If the back and forward buttons are kept on the left of the URL bar this problem doesn't happen. You should now, in this way, be able to reproduce it. Busted.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I know what is causing it, but the issue can not be fixed, because it gets caused by faulty browser/popup code.

The position of autocomplete popups content is being calculated like this: location bars start position minus a few pixels (where the default back button would be). Removing everything before location bar (incl. back/forward buttons) is not intended by Mozilla and that for the calculation does not respect these kind modifications. If you add any button before location bar, this issue will not occur anymore.

There is a workaround for this case, but I do not know, if you will like it. You have to use CTRs alternative appearance of autocomplete popup. All items are internally repositioned due to popup and result item rebinding and Mozillas calculations mentioned above get ignored.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

In the latest version 1.6.9.1 the bookmark tab is blue.

I have nightly v56 with photon enabled and everything else is grey.

Downgraded to v.1.6.8.1 and it´s fine.
Aris

Post by Aris »

What is the bookmark tab? Please post a screenshot.

Also don't use any photon stuff with CTR.

CTR 1.6.9 introduced many changes for Firefox 55 and 56 to retain compatibility. This means some things might get disabled, altered or removed automatically compared to CTR 1.6.8.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

Prof. Martelo wrote:In the latest version 1.6.9.1 the bookmark tab is blue.

I have nightly v56 with photon enabled and everything else is grey.

Downgraded to v.1.6.8.1 and it´s fine.
My mystake. It's the tab bar.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Nightly 56 is not supported by CTR anymore since Beta 56 was out. Nightly 57 is not supported either.

Anyway post a screenshot.
ThePhenomenon

Post by ThePhenomenon »

Aris wrote:I know what is causing it, but the issue can not be fixed, because it gets caused by faulty browser/popup code.

The position of autocomplete popups content is being calculated like this: location bars start position minus a few pixels (where the default back button would be). Removing everything before location bar (incl. back/forward buttons) is not intended by Mozilla and that for the calculation does not respect these kind modifications. If you add any button before location bar, this issue will not occur anymore.

There is a workaround for this case, but I do not know, if you will like it. You have to use CTRs alternative appearance of autocomplete popup. All items are internally repositioned due to popup and result item rebinding and Mozillas calculations mentioned above get ignored.
Ah, okay. Well in that case I'm personally fixing it like this:

Code: Select all

#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .ac-type-icon
{margin-left:14px!important}
It's doing a pretty good job at pulling back the lost column from off the screen in the auto-complete menu, and maybe you could even use it somehow. (The column, which is most of the time empty, appears to host the bookmarks star and the smart keywords magnifying glass search icon.) I don't know the exact value to make the padding perfectly symmetric with the one of the right side of the popup, but it's around the one I used anyway...
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Aris wrote:It is possible. Look here to see what I have tested so far: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/365

Interesting, thanks.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
T.BugReporter

Post by T.BugReporter »

Is it possible to use CTR to remove the icons in the address bar drop down that started appearing with FF55 (e.g. the part that says "Search for c with:" in this picture)?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, it is possible:
"CTR prefs > Location Bar > Autocomplete popup > Show Search engines" is a switch for "about:config > browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches".

The screenshot you have pointed to is from Firefox 57, so you will have to use the about:config switch manually there.
avada

Post by avada »

Hi Aris!

It looks like there's an issue remaining after your location bar results scrollbar fix for 56. When I step out of the visible are with the up/down keys the scrollbar doesn't follow as it used to up to 55.
Now it jumps to invisible items that stay invisible. Hopefully it's fixable.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I know. I was only able to restore the scrollbar itself. Use the mouse cursor to scroll.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:I know. I was only able to restore the scrollbar itself. Use the mouse cursor to scroll.
Okay then. I thought it eluded your notice.