Off Screen Dialogs

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Prince_Rogue

Off Screen Dialogs

Post by Prince_Rogue »

Because I use a custom Windows 7 theme with large fonts, I sometimes encounter some sites such as my banking iste where dialogs like a confirmation screen of entered data is stuck half off to the left side and its unmovable. Even if I zoom out all the way it is still stuck half out of the viewing area.

Is there possibly a fix, a tweak or an add-on for this problem? Thanks.
therube

Re: Off Screen Dialogs

Post by therube »

If the dialog is an actual window, you could set links to open in a new tab, rather then in a window.
(No idea how to do that in FF. In SeaMonkey, its a simple GUI preference selection.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Prince_Rogue

Post by Prince_Rogue »

That was a good idea so I checked the FF settings. I already have it set to open new windows in tabs and changed another setting there. No go.

The dialog is not a window from the looks of it. I don't know if its a popover or something else I am not familiar with. Pressing escape will close it.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Do you have a link where all of us can visit the problem site? ... or, is it after you've logged into it?...and we can't get into it then.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Prince_Rogue

Post by Prince_Rogue »

Yes its after I log into the U.S. Bank site and do business. I tried an experiment and changed Windows 7 settings to near unreadable for me, but just to test. The problem dialog was completely visible then. But not readable.