SeaMonkey 2.48 has been released !!!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
TPR75

Re: SeaMonkey 2.48 has been released !!!

Post by TPR75 »

frg wrote:According to ewong updates should not work. I just asked again after I saw your message. I assume you are on OS X. Will try it on Windows later where I know it didn't work as of 2 weeks ago.
Did work for SeaMonkey Portable 2.46 EN and they don't have 2.48 version there.

Doesn't work for SeaMonkey 2.46 PL version (official). Maybe updates for (some) non EN-US versions are broken?

:-k
--
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

YouTube is working just fine for me with HTML5 on my computer(s) :)
Also checked on other computers with different operating system *not the ones I personally own.*
e.g. Windows XP(yes...some people still use it)Window 7/8/1,Window 10, Mac OS, Linux OS, Chrome OS.
HTML5 videos functioned very well on all of them.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

There is an UI bug (missing icons) - when in "Print preview" there are no arrows for "first page" and "last page" (only "replace icon" like for Chinese marks when Asian languages are not installed in OS). For both classic and modern theme.
--
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

TPR75 wrote:There is an UI bug (missing icons) - when in "Print preview" there are no arrows for "first page" and "last page" (only "replace icon" like for Chinese marks when Asian languages are not installed in OS). For both classic and modern theme.
Like this? �
I'm not sure why that would happen, though.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LuvKomputrs wrote:YouTube is working just fine for me with HTML5 on my computer(s) :)
Also checked on other computers with different operating system *not the ones I personally own.*
Good for you.

There's either a bunch of crazed Flash addicts making a fuss about nothing or people having trouble using HTML5 on older PCs out there, it would seem. A puzzle. :-k
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Pav78

Post by Pav78 »

Frank Lion wrote:
LuvKomputrs wrote:YouTube is working just fine for me with HTML5 on my computer(s) :)
Good for you.

There's either a bunch of crazed Flash addicts making a fuss about nothing or people having trouble using HTML5 on older PCs out there, it would seem. A puzzle. :-k
YouTube HTML5 Works on my 2006 ThinkPad with XP except:
On long vids the video will freeze about half way through with a rotating circle, but the audio will continue. If I click on pause, circle continues. I have to click on a different part of the video to resume play. Never had that problem with Flash.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

isaacschemm wrote:
TPR75 wrote:There is an UI bug (missing icons) - when in "Print preview" there are no arrows for "first page" and "last page" (only "replace icon" like for Chinese marks when Asian languages are not installed in OS). For both classic and modern theme.
Like this? �
I'm not sure why that would happen, though.
No. It's symbol from Unicode Miscellaneous Technical block (23FF and 23FD):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscellan ... .9323FF.29

Screenshot:
http://vader.joemonster.org/upload/rbz/ ... 8_02_0.png
--
Tialon

Post by Tialon »

Do note that updates are still not working so if you need to update, please install the new one manually.
Is it expected that the updater will work, at some point in near future? (I'm not upset/worried -- just curious.) Thanks to the SeaMonkey devs for their great work! \:D/
frg

Post by frg »

If you are on 2.48 it is expected that later releases will update normally. Next one is 2.49.1
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

frg wrote:If you are on 2.48 it is expected that later releases will update normally. Next one is 2.49.1
Good to know. :)
Manually updated to 2.48 when the final release came out.
And am looking forward to next release! :D
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Pav78 wrote:... Never had that problem with Flash.
This Flash stuff is a bit OT to this thread. But I know this stuff is important to people, so start a thread on it, if you want to, and I'll run you through the options - which go from improving HTML5 play via about:config entries, playing streaming YT vids with an external media player, how to download them or even...a one-time 'geek fix'..that restores the Flash functionality, that you had on YT, once again. My HTML5 stuff is OK, but I never like only having one way of doing things.

Pic done yesterday - http://franklion.co.uk/YTF.png
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Tialon

Post by Tialon »

If you are on 2.48 it is expected that later releases will update normally. Next one is 2.49.1
Oh, I see. I meant for version 2.46 (or earlier versions). But it sounds like the updater won't be on again till 2.49.1 and later? That's okay. Thanks very much for the reply! :D
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Tried to update Sea Monkey 2.48 through Synaptic and Ubuntuzilla at Sourceforge.
Got near the end and got a "too big TLS error, seems something from VersaWeb in Las Vegas sent it, botched the download.
Tried clearing things, a reload of Synaptic and noticed some signature missing error panel, I thought this had been resolved.
Then more interference from some group in Chicago, Continuum Data Centers 173.243.112.0/20.\
Shows up and shows the update, starts to load from a recognized Sourceforge IP and then things change to 209 or 64 or 68.
It would make sense if it came from just one IP otherwise it looks wrong.
Most of this is in the logs, also for some reason it does not hold in the partial folder for Synaptic, would save a lot of grief.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Sorry for the double post but . . . tried it this morning and it loaded fine and installed.
Still checking it out, there appears to be a mo0use issue with the gui but this is early.
Guessing having the getdeb repository open may have been part of the problem if SeaMonkey is there as well but don't know.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Frank Lion wrote:
Pav78 wrote:... Never had that problem with Flash.
This Flash stuff is a bit OT to this thread. But I know this stuff is important to people, so start a thread on it, if you want to, and I'll run you through the options - which go from improving HTML5 play via about:config entries, playing streaming YT vids with an external media player, how to download them or even...a one-time 'geek fix'..that restores the Flash functionality, that you had on YT, once again. My HTML5 stuff is OK, but I never like only having one way of doing things.

Pic done yesterday - http://franklion.co.uk/YTF.png
it's kinda moot since Google (who owns Youtube) has completely removed flash around the end of July 2017 on the Youtube site.
HTML5 videos work best with a graphics card that has minimum WDDM 1.0 support and at least a dual-core CPU (HTML5 videos work okay on my old custom built PC with an Intel Pentium D CPU)