How Do I Get Thunderbird To Display Unthreaded By Default?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
SquiddyKat

How Do I Get Thunderbird To Display Unthreaded By Default?

Post by SquiddyKat »

I did a refresh on Thunderbird and added email accounts, I got it to display by recent date first, however I can not get it to display as unthreaded by default. How do I do that?

~ Kamryn
BruceAWittmeier

Re: How Do I Get Thunderbird To Display Unthreaded By Defaul

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Select the hamburger menu (3 lines upper right corner) View->Sort by->Unthreaded.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

If you press the ALT key it will temporarily enable the menu toolbar, which makes it easier to enable toolbars (or change the sorting) using the View menu.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

^^^ Thank you, Sir.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
SquiddyKat

Post by SquiddyKat »

This only does it for each folder and I have a lot of folders, if a new one is created, it will be sort by threaded by default. It wouldn't that big a deal but the new Thunderbird when it opens the mail apps, it resets and loads all the folders again when it is closed and opened again.
I assume they did that for security reasons so one cannot read your mail if a stranger opens it unless you haven the password saved. Thank you.

~ Kamryn
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"I have a lot of folders, if a new one is created, it will be sort by threaded by default."

Not on my configuration. mailnews.default_sort_order is set at the default of 1, mailnews.default_sort_type is set at the default of 18, and mailnews.default_news_view_flags is set to the default of 1. You can change them using the config editor at tools -> options -> advanced -> general

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mail_and_news_settings
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Kamryn wrote:It wouldn't that big a deal but the new Thunderbird when it opens the mail apps, it resets and loads all the folders again when it is closed and opened again. I assume they did that for security reasons so one cannot read your mail if a stranger opens it unless you haven the password saved.
The folder/view settings don't effect security. You need to either set a master password or use one of the other methods described in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Protecting_th ... ile_-_mail if you want to prevent somebody from reading your mail.