Ebay not working

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
loubergus

Ebay not working

Post by loubergus »

Have been using Ebay for years now I can get to the first page and then nothing else works. I have cleared Cache no better

Any help gratefully recieved

Louise
DanRaisch

Re: Ebay not working

Post by DanRaisch »

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

using uBlock?

get ublock 1.13.8 and dont update
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... /versions/

using noscript? there is a bug present, mayby another member can help out, i dont use it.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

A statistically accurate report, based on a database of ONE Fx 55.0.3, with Windows 10 Home (up-to-date as of this date)on ONE computer: Ebay works properly using uBlock Origin 1.14.4 (noscript not installed.)

How do I know that this is statistically accurate? I have used EBay, including placing a small order yesterday, with the above-cited software on ONE computer. Therefore, my statistic is logically accurate, as I have not found any failures with regards to EBay....
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

It may be 'statistically accurate' for you. However, for a lot of people - including me - it is not. I don't use NoScript. I was able to get eBay working with uBlock Origin 1.14.4 only by creating a completely new profile, with no other extensions, on one W10 machine. As I have over 40 extensions on that system - and even disabling all of them except uBlock didn't work on eBay - it seems a pretty pointless exercise to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. On another W10 system and a W7 system the only solution - short of creating new profiles - was also to roll back to 1.13.8.

Given that Fx 57 will be a step change, I intend creating new profiles when it arrives. But I'm not going through that process twice in eight weeks.
Mark12547

Post by Mark12547 »

I wonder if you encountered Bug 1379148, which can potentially affect all ad blockers.

Some things that can help are:

Remove all legacy extensions. This gets some people up and running.

If you are on Release or Beta, you can try the last full LEGACY version of uBlock Origin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ion-1.13.8
Immediately after installing it you will have to turn off automatic updates for this extension.

One last thing you could try if neither of the above works is to go into Add-ons -> Extensions and on that page disable uBlock Origin when you are on the sites where Firefox just leaves the tab completely blank, and then go back into Add-ons -> Extensions to enable uBlock Origin on other sites.

Hopefully the Firefox bug will be fixed sometime soon because it is a serious bug and it seems that a number of people are now running into that bug. (If you are experiencing problems caused by this bug, it would also help if you get a Bugzilla logon, then go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1379148 and, if it isn't open, open the "Detail" section by clicking on the right-pointing triangle, and then voting for the Bug.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

@John currently ublock 1.14.8 is messing up my firefox 56 (not 55 and not 57). ofc side effects with other extensions. pity.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

loubergus--
You don't even have to go into Extensions. Click on it and click off the big blue icon. It will remember next time you use Ebay.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Mark12547

Post by Mark12547 »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:loubergus--
You don't even have to go into Extensions. Click on it and click off the big blue icon. It will remember next time you use Ebay.
If this is caused by Bug 1379148, whitelisting the site will NOT work. See my comments 26-27 on that bug report on the results of my testing on another site that manages to trip this bug.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Not having any problems with NoScript blocking left on, no allows were necessary.
Opened the main page, searched for aneroid Barometer and got Aneroid Barometer with everything needed.
Could be something else maybe?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
c627627

Post by c627627 »

If you have this problem, before doing anything else, try this, uninstall uBlock and install uBlock 1.13.8 then TURN OFF UBLOCK UPDATES:
Brummelchen wrote:using uBlock?

get ublock 1.13.8 and dont update
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... /versions/

using noscript? there is a bug present, mayby another member can help out, i dont use it.
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.