SeaMonky Rejected

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
bluewizard

SeaMonky Rejected

Post by bluewizard »

I find it somewhat annoying that my preferred Browser (Seamonkey) is rejected by certain websites, and generally ignored by the media and Internet Community.

Though I don't want to harass any one but this website rejects the SeaMonkey Browser -

PeterTyson.co.uk

Please give it a quick try and see if you too are rejected. Initially it says it is checking your browser then gives a 502 Bad Gateway notice. The connection is accepted up to PeterTyson which rejects it.

Again, I don't want to harass them. But if you are so inclined, email them and POLITELY ask them to support SEAMONKEY as a legitimate and safe Browser.

service at petertyson.co.uk

Again be POLITE, we want to win them over to our side, not make them hate us.

I'm finding this more an more on the Internet. I recently tried to switch Yahoo Mail away from the Classic look, which apparently Yahoo Mail is encouraging. They ask you to switch saying you can always switch back. But ... not so easy.... the new Yahoo Mail Format does not recognize the SeaMonkey Browser. I had to load Yahoo Mail in FireFox and change back to Classic to get into my mail account. Trying the new Format required me to upgrade my browser, and suggested three possible browsers Chrome, IE, and FireFox. There was a button to take me back to Classic, but it DIDN'T WORK.

My goal here is to simply encourage sites to support SeaMonkey Browser. If you contact Peter Tyson, simply point out that SeaMonkey has the same core engine as FireFox, and is as safe and up to date and any other Browser out there.

Hopefully, making this request does not violate any terms of service of this forum. I'm simply trying to get these sites to support SeaMonkey my long time preferred Browser.

Thank you.
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonky Rejected

Post by DanRaisch »

That would be nice, but you can also tweak your user agent string to make the sites believe you are using, for instance, Firefox.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14741138
You would want to change the numbers after "Firefox/" from 52.0 to 55 to be more in line with current release versions of FX.
bluewizard

Post by bluewizard »

DanRaisch wrote:That would be nice, but you can also tweak your user agent string to make the sites believe you are using, for instance, Firefox.
That seems like exactly what I was looking for relative to Yahoo Mail. I'll look into that a little deeper. Thanks.

Steve/bluewizard
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

bluewizard wrote:I find it somewhat annoying that my preferred Browser (Seamonkey) is rejected by certain websites, and generally ignored by the media and Internet Community.
Some problem can be solved by updating SeaMonkey to version 2.48:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... onkey2.48/
Unfortunately, you must download full offline installer this time.

And, as it was mentioned by DanDaisch, sometimes we must tweak UserAgent.
--