Latest Firefox update won't render images

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
porthome

Latest Firefox update won't render images

Post by porthome »

After a series of version updates (starting about a month ago) Firefox selectively refuses to render images - not on all websites, but some. Am I alone in this? Is there a fix?

In any case, the same websites work OK with Chrome and Safari, so if this persists (as well as other unwelcome changes to Firefox) I guess I will have to sadly say goodbye to a trusty application.

Perryb
allande

Re: Latest Firefox update won't render images

Post by allande »

First try Firefox safe mode. To exit Firefox safe mode, all you have to do is close all Firefox browser windows and wait a minute and restart Firefox. Do not pick any weird options like "refresh". http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode If Firefox safe mode is fine, likely the problem is one of your extensions. If you have only a few, disable or enable them one at a time to see which is the problem.
If the problem still occurs in safe mode, someone will likely post instructions on making a new test profile which you should try, but make sure not to accidentally pick the refresh option and do not delete anything without careful thought.
Grumpus

Re: Latest Firefox update won't render images

Post by Grumpus »

It's possible if the images come from site other than the one visited they are blocked by an ad blocker or security.
Some of these packages have the ability to block transfer of images except for the original site.
Look at your settings for Firefox also under /Tools/Options/Security/General.
Also permissions.default.image in about:config may have been altered.
Permissions Default Image explanation
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you