inbox ?filter?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
losey

inbox ?filter?

Post by losey »

Mail from a few senders does not appear in my Inbox. They do, however, appear in the Important box and searching for them in the Inbox shows they are there. Out Univ mail access, google.hawaii.edu does show them in my inbox. I checked my View menu to be certain that ALL is chosen and no filters apply. A sample sender for which this happens is xxx@catalinadirect.com
Using Windows 10 with no other T'bird problems.
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 12th, 2017, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address obscured per forum rules. http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r4
DanRaisch

Re: inbox ?filter?

Post by DanRaisch »

Thunderbird doesn't have an "Important" folder unless it is reflecting the presence of such a folder on an IMAP server. It sounds as though Gmail is assigning the label "Important" to such messages so that they appear in Thunderbird in that non-default folder. Check the server for filters.
losey

Post by losey »

thanks for the fast reply. Nearly all of my inbox messages also appear in Important. I suppose the sender flags them as important? But only a few like this one fail to appear in the Inbox. Also they DO appear in the server's inbox. Another that fails to appear is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Also note that a search of the TBird Inbox indicates that the messages are in the inbox but headers are never shown. When the search finds the message that I cannot see, clicking on it brings up the message just fine.
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 12th, 2017, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address obscured per forum rules. http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r4
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I removed the email address from your post. Spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.

Right click on the name of the Inbox folder for that Gmail account and select "Properties" from the context menu. Then click on the "Repair Folder" button to rebuild the folder index.
losey

Post by losey »

GENIUS! Fixed it right up for moth senders.. Many Mahalos from Hawaii. And thanks for the addr removal. Never realized the threat from Forums.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.