[Ext] uBlock Origin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
gorhill

Re: [Ext] uBlock Origin

Post by gorhill »

barbaz wrote:@gorhill: Quick question, is uBO/legacy still supported? That is, do you still fix bugs that are reproduced only in uBO/legacy?
It's on a per-case basis. If an issue seriously undermine uBO for a majority of users, I will likely be motivated to fix it. If it's an issue affecting a minority of users requiring not so trivial fix, I will probably decline investing my time to fix it. Note that I also decline fixing same sort of issues sometimes for any version of uBO -- it's a matter of me finding whether it's worth investing my time in the end.

Also, just a reminder that I count on people using legacy uBO to report issues, I just do not have the time to test everything myself.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Thanks for the clarification. :)
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Hi gorhill, could you pm me the code to make ubo 1.11.4, (the only version that works with my ff44 that supports all my addons)
run wildcards, if it wouldn't mess with ff44's ui to the point of crashing it, actually, any version above ubo 1.11.4 makes troubleshooting information & other sites
like https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... ?search=FF & sites that have icons that allow me to upload files, crash..

Needed ex: http://www.ebay.*###anything..
Last edited by delicacy1 on September 14th, 2017, 5:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

@delicacy1 Did you try literally putting in ebay.* ?

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/ ... ic-filters
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Yes & it didn't work.. i don't know if it works using the recent version of ubo but i cannot use it,
as i'm on ff 44.0.2 & it's the only version of ff that supports all my addons. So i can't upgrade
the browser & i don't know when that wildcard system appeared in ubo's updates..

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1174031

As you can see, versions of ubo above 1.11.4 were creating crashes on ff44
JustOff

Post by JustOff »

Since legacy version of uBlock Origin can no longer be automatically updated from AMO (because only WebExtension versions are served there now), I created a helper extension that provides updates directly from GitHub. It intercepts Add-ons Manager requests and returns the latest release version compatible with Pale Moon and SeaMonkey.

Here it is: uBlock Origin Updater.

@gorhill: I really appreciate your work, so I hope my add-on does not violate your rights in any way. Please let me know if I have to change something in this regard.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

delicacy1 wrote:Yes & it didn't work..
Odd, this rule works fine for me in Firefox 44.0.2, uBlock Origin 1.11.4 -

Code: Select all

ebay.*##body
Went to ebay.com and ebay.fr and the entire site was hidden in both cases, as expected.

You either have a wrong filter or some bigger problem (extension conflict?).

I don't think I can help more with this, sorry.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

thx, i'll make some tests
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

I guess everything's resolved barbaz,

I only wish gorhill's wildcard system wasn't lîmited..

Your filter worked, but my filters cannot work if i don't remove:

www.

So next time i use the element picker, i'll have to go to my filters & manually delete www.
when i decide to change domain extensions with a wildcard & per filter..

It doesn't kîll, but it could have been better cause
a wildcard remains a wildcard, i wouldn't have set such limitations unless it's a bug or addon's internal conflict.

But for my part, it's fixed.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

delicacy1 wrote:So next time i use the element picker, i'll have to go to my filters & manually delete www.
when i decide to change domain extensions with a wildcard & per filter
I do this all the time.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

How to inspect inside iframes with the logger inspector? I can't figure out how to inspect anything other than top-level documents, and iframe nodes aren't expandable like in the devtools inspector.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Forgive me if I understood you wrong my friend, but if you mean the uB0 logger, it will usually designate those traffic with FRAME in the column, is that what you mean? If you mean using the picker, as long as you click a visible element, it will grab it, even if within a frame and you can further use the shortcuts it provides on the picker's preview window to drill down more to what you want; or alternatively you can use the logger and create your filter there; or alternatively do what I often do and that is to inspect the element, find its selector - either by logic or using the "copy css selector and/or css path" and then paste that in the picker box and tweak it whilst watching the "pink" window and number of items detected and refine it there. It is not ALWAYS graceful but fairly workable.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Neither. I mean this - [x]

EDIT
BTW I'm not looking to create a new filter. I'm looking to find out which cosmetic filter(s) are hiding something I want to see.
Last edited by barbaz on June 28th, 2018, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Ok, gotcha, my bad. For me when a cosmetic filter does something, it just shows up on the logger, often light yellow - sometimes with an eye icon, that doesn't give you what you need?

Like this:

And if you click on it, you will see a pop up that tells you what list/filter did that:

Not what you need?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Unfortunately that's not enough information when I've got like 40+ cosmetic filters triggering, some of which may overlap each other. Trial-and-error isn't feasible with the amount of subscriptions I have.