google calendar events

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

google calendar events

Post by walkerpbus »

I've tried contacting google, but following this "On my gmail calendar in Thunderbird I have a calendar: I've even deleted the event today, but it keeps coming back to me & my wife. How can I get rid of it? Thanking U in advance". In their inimitable way they manage to not answer the question. I ask this because you guys/gals often have the correct answer even more than even Mozilla help on FF & Tbird! :D :D
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Re: google calendar events

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you try going to the Google Calendar page using a browser and deleting the item there?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Did you try going to the Google Calendar page using a browser and deleting the item there?
Just now & the event in question is not there & usually google never answers & also I've disabled the calendar , still no results
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:Did you try going to the Google Calendar page using a browser and deleting the item there?
Just now & the event in question is not there & usually google never answers & also I've disabled the calendar , still no results
Yes, it's not there, & I went to google help itself & got the usual "runaround" which I've always received I think. I did manage to enter the problem in a google forum, PTL
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Did you sync the calendars?

Use Synchronize from the Calendar toolbar in Thunderbird, or right click on the Google calendar in the Calendar list and click Synchronize Calendars from the context menu.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5