[Ext] uBlock Origin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GµårÐïåñ

Re: [Ext] uBlock Origin

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

barbaz wrote:Unfortunately that's not enough information when I've got like 40+ cosmetic filters triggering, some of which may overlap each other. Trial-and-error isn't feasible with the amount of subscriptions I have.
Sorry, not sure what else there is but for me even if they overlap, when you select it, it will tell you which ones triggered it (if more than one list/filter) but it does a pretty good job of consolidating rules, so there shouldn't be too many overlaps in theory but I am sure it will happen. The yellow lines are fairly clear, so not sure how that would be trial and error but unfortunately that's all I got, hopefully Raymond has a better way to do what you need and can lay it out for you.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

barbaz wrote:How to inspect inside iframes with the logger inspector? I can't figure out how to inspect anything other than top-level documents, and iframe nodes aren't expandable like in the devtools inspector.
Hitting this situation again. Tried opening the frame in a tab, but the content didn't load, making it useless.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

some of which may overlap each other.
thee is NO overlap in rules if you had read the wiki. ublock sorts all list internal thats why its called "x used of y" - first come first serve

you need the list like guardian showed to you, not the other one!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Brummelchen wrote:thee is NO overlap in rules
When I add these two filters to "My filters" (which is otherwise empty) -

Code: Select all

##.fooxyzfoo
##[class*="foo"]
... it says "2 used out of 2". Yet the first rule is clearly redundant. Are you saying this is a bug?
Brummelchen wrote:you need the list like guardian showed to you, not the other one!
Again, that list only shows all active cosmetic filters. It doesn't say which cosmetic filter(s) are hiding a specific element in an iframe.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

those are 2 different style elements - first is fixed (css based), second is fuzzy/reg-expression.

not sure if [class*="..."] is possible according ABP
https://adblockplus.org/en/filter-cheatsheet

sorting is based on same lines, not on equal expressions. told ya to read the wiki - if done - more precisely please or get familiar with css.

BTW you did not gave an example for iframe filtering. your image shows no iframe content.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Brummelchen wrote:thee is NO overlap in rules if you had read the wiki. ublock sorts all list internal thats why its called "x used of y" - first come first serve
I know, I said that. :P
... but it does a pretty good job of consolidating rules, so there shouldn't be too many overlaps in theory but I am sure it will happen.
The "overlap" or 'redundancy' that I was referring to is when the line syntax are different but in theory does the same thing, that's all - which is the point you made, I just didn't drill down to it out of respectful benefit of the doubt that they know what it means - since I know the OP to be a reasonable and educated end-user. :wink:
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Brummelchen wrote:BTW you did not gave an example for iframe filtering.
I can't provide the real example because there are too many filters involved. But you can see the problem following these steps.

1) Add this filter -

Code: Select all

###goButton
2) Open the logger
3) Visit https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... e#Example1. Notice that the button inside the iframe is hidden.
4) Go back to the logger, and open the logger inspector and try to find the hidden button.

Result: [ screenshot moved to https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/3036 ]
Notice that the iframe is neither expandable nor marked red, despite the button being hidden. Nor is the iframe listed in the drop-down.
Last edited by barbaz on June 28th, 2018, 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

there is no hidden iframe on that page. whatever you see is inserted from an extension or anything else.
also no #goButton

try firefox 55 with a fresh profile.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Brummelchen wrote:there is no hidden iframe on that page.
Sorry about that, I forgot that link redirects based on locale, and MDN is very different in different locales. I was looking at the en-US version. I fixed the link above, you should see the correct page now.

And, indeed, there is no hidden iframe on that page for me either.

Without the hiding filter (and with mouse over the element in devtools) - [x]

With the hiding filter - [x]
Last edited by barbaz on June 28th, 2018, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

testing in chrome i have to open the iframe in another tab which is not that convenient like in firefox
! 18.9.2017, 21:42:07 https://mdn-samples.mozilla.org/snippet ... tents.html
mdn-samples.mozilla.org###goButton
result
that line tell me where dom was filtered.
at the bottom - starting with
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... e#Example1
it will tell me also that i have content from another page, iframe possible.
although it might be more convenient for you but using the logger requires some more understanding of page coding and no pre-baked results on a silver plate.

on the other hand its up on you not to moan instead giving raymond a suggested feature, maybe there are more users who miss this, but not me.

hint - when switching view to page code the red triangles points you out where to look for filtered content - to bad that the iframe is not shown here.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

In otherwords, what I'm looking for is not currently possible. We'll file a bug report (EDIT Done - https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/3036).

Thanks Brummelchen and GµårÐïåñ for looking into this.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

barbaz wrote:Thanks Brummelchen and GµårÐïåñ for looking into this.
Welcome, I wish I could give you what you needed but maybe now Raymond can do something with it.
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

Gorhill, I am not sure if you are reading this forum...here goes.

Any idea why ublock origin fails to display properly with 57b3?
I am using v1.14.11rc0......

EDIT: Solved by resetting
apz.allow_zooming
apz.overscroll.enabled
apz.popups.enabled

to false.
Last edited by ashleylai87 on September 27th, 2017, 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

current here 57b2 - all fine. actual writing a comment so i can test ater with the official 57b3. but i know this empty box from other extensions where the firefox API is not ready yet. maybe mozilla change something.

edit: 57b3 x86 official and ubo 11rc - all fine
avada

Post by avada »

Hello!

How do I export my UBO filters from desktop Firefox and import them on mobile?
I couldn't find a way to open the UBO dashbord on mobile. I even tried typing the url shown on desktop manually.