Impossible to find info about Mozilla forums/support

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
DevilSlayerDante

Impossible to find info about Mozilla forums/support

Post by DevilSlayerDante »

I spent over an hour scouring Google and Mozilla pages trying to figure out if I could use BBCode or HTML tags in a support question at support.mozilla.org. Why is such a simple and common feature not mentioned anywhere in the guidelines, even if it's just to say "BBCode and HTML tags are not supported"? And why is there no appropriate place to inquire about such information? I resorted to contacting Mozilla directly, but I couldn't find an email address or form to fill out, and no forum related specifically to the site, only Mozilla products and developer resources.

And I'd like to report an issue I had uploading an image with the support question I was writing, but, again, there's no place to report such issues. So where do I go, and whom do I tell that the "upload image" feature of the 'new support question' page isn't working?
DanRaisch

Re: Impossible to find info about Mozilla forums/support

Post by DanRaisch »

First, you need to realize that MozillaZine.org and support.mozilla.org are not the same web site nor the same organization. Mozilla's support is provided by volunteers, just as is the case with this forum. This site is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.

Second, posting of images directly to this forum is not supported because the forum is run on donated server capacity and we don't want to clog up that capacity with the large data requirements of images. Thus the following information is provided on posting a screen shot to the forum -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
DevilSlayerDante

Post by DevilSlayerDante »

I didn't post a support question here, I did it on mozilla.org. And how was I supposed to know that these two sites are in no way affiliated? There's nothing explicitly mentioning the lack of connection.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No one is or was faulting you for posting here so I'm not sure why you are responding in that way. I was only making sure you were clear on the fact that there are two different entities involved and that you were not getting a reply from the one you initially tried to deal with.
James

Post by James »

DevilSlayerDante wrote:I didn't post a support question here, I did it on mozilla.org. And how was I supposed to know that these two sites are in no way affiliated? There's nothing explicitly mentioning the lack of connection.
This one is a mozillaZine.org site while the other is a mozilla.org site. Also a big clue the forums.mozillaZine.org does not have any *.mozilla.org links on top and or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page has and there is the comment and about link on right sidebar. http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

If you have a support.mozilla.org account then the place to ask for sumo site help is in https://support.mozilla.org/forums/

Mozilla does not do one on one support by phone, chat or email as to why there is no email for such help directly from Mozilla.