Firefox 55 breaks complete themes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Frank Lion

Re: Firefox 55 breaks complete themes

Post by Frank Lion »

Why not just point out to the OP that Mozilla don't fix themes, they just make the browser, and stop there?
Mark12547 wrote:If this is the theme, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ue/?src=ss then the support site link leads to the site with this page: http://www.zigboom.com/firefox-themes.html with the statement,
Compatible with latest Firefox Builds, Windows, Linux & OSX.
Not exactly the 'magic bullet' evidence of guilt, is it?

I mean, how do we actually know that Zigboom is not ill? He's going to become 'responsible' for something he wrote in seconds years back on his own website, just to satisfy the 'it would be nice' desires of some apologist of Mozilla?

People need to remember, that despite our fancy websites, that they are talking about individual people when it comes to themes, not some 1,000+ employee outfit, like Mozilla.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Mark12547

Post by Mark12547 »

I don't know why you have a beef about the advice to report complete theme issues to the developer of the theme instead of to Mozilla.

Did I say the developer must fix the theme? No. In fact, I suggested a reasonable out for claiming compatibility when compatibility is broken.

Did I say the theme must be fixed within a certain period of time? No. You do make a case that is good for all of us to remember: "life happens" (sickness, demands from one's paying job, etc.), and sometimes a labor of love has to take a back seat. And, as you pointed out, sometimes when one does have the time and energy, a fix could be quick or it could take a long time, and in some cases it may be impossible to fix. (I'll add: sometimes you don't know how long the fix will take until you find it.)

Did I say there was a contract? No.

Did I say the broken theme should be reported to the developer? Yes. Just what is wrong with that?
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Locking since the OP seems to have departed and this thread adds no value.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6