The first official 20170920 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mouse5

Re: The first official 20170920 builds are not yet out

Post by Mouse5 »

TheVisitor wrote:My Profile gets more confusing with each update. Latest m-c win32 hourly has bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1401238
which [Deprecate Recent Bookmarks, and Pocket List from the Bookmarks Menu.]

I see the 'Pocket' missing from the Bookmarks button on the NavBar, but the Recent Bookmarks remain. It does not show either in a New Profile.

Really hating the idea of trying to create a new profile.
i always Hide the " recent Bookmark " crap , Pocket List i dont care for.
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

ICQ5 wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:My Profile gets more confusing with each update. Latest m-c win32 hourly has bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1401238
which [Deprecate Recent Bookmarks, and Pocket List from the Bookmarks Menu.]

I see the 'Pocket' missing from the Bookmarks button on the NavBar, but the Recent Bookmarks remain. It does not show either in a New Profile.

Really hating the idea of trying to create a new profile.
i always Hide the " recent Bookmark " crap , Pocket List i dont care for.
Ah...my compatriot...I also hide that "recent bookmark" and "Send tab to devices" craps
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

For me, the buttons on the bookmark toolbar have been reduced from a 26px height to a 19px height — about 25%. It's ludicrously annoying to try to target a bookmark there, now, particularly compared to normal bookmarks, which have a target height of 22px.

Note: Part of the 26px height looks like it's because putting the bookmarks menu on the bookmarks toolbar apparently raised the height by 2px, which relates to that one bug that got fixed. Even without that, though, 24px is much larger than 19px.
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

dsmith wrote:For me, the buttons on the bookmark toolbar have been reduced from a 26px height to a 19px height — about 25%. It's ludicrously annoying to try to target a bookmark there, now, particularly compared to normal bookmarks, which have a target height of 22px.

Note: Part of the 26px height looks like it's because putting the bookmarks menu on the bookmarks toolbar apparently raised the height by 2px, which relates to that one bug that got fixed. Even without that, though, 24px is much larger than 19px.
Hmmm.....
Try userchrome.css script below which I gotten from helpful mozillazine users here.

#bookmarks-menu-button {
padding-right: 50px !important;
margin-left: -5px !important;
margin-right: 0px !important;

#PlacesChevron {
padding-right: 50px !important;
margin-left: 0px !important;
margin-right: -5px !important;
Hyosung

Post by Hyosung »

Hmm for the search results, when hitting "delete" to remove them, they seem to re-appear when re-typing the keywords.

Think that only just started with latest nightly.

Unsure if this was intentional, or there's a preference to toggle?
Anleck

Post by Anleck »

Can anyone confirm - newtab page forces 3 rows (non compact newtab layout) - thx
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1401462
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

tomatoshadow2 wrote:Has anyone tested Webrender again lately?
I tested it a few days ago. It seemed stable but I couldn't cope with the fact that there still seem to be some font rendering issues. My eyesight isn't great and it was making it difficult for me to read things. I also noticed some chrome flickering with layers free enabled. It also takes a little bit longer to load the browser with it enabled.

If you can put up with those things it seems stable and fast.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

Will Nightly increment to 58 tonight?
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

sciguyryan wrote:
tomatoshadow2 wrote:Has anyone tested Webrender again lately?
I tested it a few days ago. It seemed stable but I couldn't cope with the fact that there still seem to be some font rendering issues. My eyesight isn't great and it was making it difficult for me to read things. I also noticed some chrome flickering with layers free enabled. It also takes a little bit longer to load the browser with it enabled.

If you can put up with those things it seems stable and fast.
I've been testing WR for some months and they have significantly improved it over time. The most annoying things are the choppy scrolling on some sites and some things like message boxes start out black for a second and then display correctly. Also when Fx is first started the screen is totally white for a second or two before the chrome is displayed. Also be aware that WE add-ons present an empty menu when you click on their icons on the tool bar. Setting 'extensions.webextensions.remote = FALSE' will prevent this. This pref controls whether add-ons use OOP or not. I also notice that some fonts on some sites appear darker. about:preferences is an example.

In case you are unaware of the preferences that should be changed to properly enable WR I present them below. I got these from a Mozilla site.

gfx.webrender.blob-images TRUE
gfx.webrender.enabled TRUE
gfx.webrender.layers-free TRUE
gfx.webrendest.enabled TRUE
layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled FALSE
extensions.webextensions.remote FALSE
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

WebRender is still unusable on my config, scrolling fps is too low.
Sorry for my poor English.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Linux Nightly is out.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 ID:20170921100141
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

GHM113 wrote:WebRender is still unusable on my config, scrolling fps is too low.
Its a LOT more stable than it used to be though. I'd often get crashing and missing graphics and black screens. Now its slow scrolling and font issues. The flickering is still there but less flashy than before.
Josa

Re: The first official 20170920 builds are out

Post by Josa »