unintentional switch to larger font size

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
danll

unintentional switch to larger font size

Post by danll »

So I'm typing away on my Thunderbird message, and BOOM, all of a sudden the font size has increased! I normally type in Medium font, and I'm suddenly switched to Large. Huh? This happens regularly. Maybe my keyboard is spitting out some unwanted control character, but when that happens, I need to select the Large text I just typed, and manually reset that text to Medium with the "Smaller font size" button. Pretty annoying.

Is there some way to tell Thunderbird NOT to increase font size by keystroke command? I'm not even sure what keystroke command is doing this.
funkynassau1

Re: unintentional switch to larger font size

Post by funkynassau1 »

Wow I have the same problem! It goes from a nice medium Verdana font to a big Verdana font! I googled for help on this and most info was several yrs old and didnt help, but it seems to be a known issue. I'd love to resolve this too.
danll

Re: unintentional switch to larger font size

Post by danll »

I wish I could figure out what character or special character I am accidentally typing to make this happen, but I have never managed to do so. That's what leads me to suspect that my keyboard is doing funny stuff. I don't recall having this problem years ago, but it seems to be a regular issue these days.

Is there, in fact, a special control character to do "Larger font size"? I've never seen one referred to.