Special account.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
redrobinf

Special account.

Post by redrobinf »

I recently combined three email addresses into Thunderbird. I have now got three separate accounts - A-B-C. which is fine. In addition, I have a fourth account labeled "Special Account" which receives duplicates of the email in account A.

I am unable to delete this account.

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong, and how to correct it?
DanRaisch

Re: Special account.

Post by DanRaisch »

Where are you seeing the reference to "Special Account"?
How are the three intentionally added accounts set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
redrobinf

Post by redrobinf »

Apologies for the late answer.
When I open Thunderbird the following email accounts are shown:-
A. red*****f@bigpond.com (My main account)
B. red*****3@mail.com
C. red*****33@hotmail.com
D. Special Account

A, B & C each have an envelope logo with a closed lock. Special Account has a logo showing the outline of a monitor screen (Or TV set). In the account settings for the special account, it says "This is a special account. There are no identities associated with it".

When I go into account settings it shows an account BigPond, plus ABC&D This account (which is my ISP) shows it to be a Pop Mail server. The others are all IMAP.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That sounds as though you are describing Thunderbird's Local Folders pseudo account. It's a standard part of a Thunderbird insallation.
redrobinf

Post by redrobinf »

Thanks for the information.

I have decided to follow the advice reading; -"The best solution is to keep Local Folders collapsed in the folder pane and ignore it".

Thanks again.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"I have a fourth account labeled "Special Account" which receives duplicates of the email in account A. "

That sounds like you have a message filter in account A that is configured to automatically copy all new mail that it gets to the inbox in "Local Folders".