[SOLVED] Bulk removal of tags

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
robbyx

[SOLVED] Bulk removal of tags

Post by robbyx »

I would like to filter on tag=old and days are more than 100 and then remove the old tag as an action and so avoid having to open each message manually. Is there a way to do this in a batch without moving or deleting the messages from their current folders?
Last edited by robbyx on October 1st, 2017, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
tanstaafl

Re: Bulk removal of tags

Post by tanstaafl »

Manually launch a message filter using tools -> run filters on folder. It can do that for all messages in the current folder.
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

I can see that putting the messages in one search folder will bring them together. into one virtual folder. How do I remove all the old tags for all the messages in the virtual folder without opening each message and entering 0?
Robin
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You said the tag was called old. Install the Filtaquilla add-on to add a action called "remove tag" to message filters. You need to do that since they didn't add a built-in capability to reset or clear tags.

Create a message filter with "match all of the following checked", where "Tags" "contains" "old" "+" "Age in Days" "is greater than" "100" with action "Remove Tag" "old"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... la/?src=ss (see the first comment for how to modify the extension so it will work with 52.*)
http://mesquilla.com/extensions/filtaquilla/ (explains the features)
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

Thank you that was what I wanted but did not know about Filtaquila. I just went to install it. The addon site says it is not suitable for TB 52.3. (64bit)
Robin
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Did you notice "(see the first comment for how to modify the extension so it will work with 52.*)" ?
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

Could you please give me a link for the modification. I can't find it.

I have found it. Thanks for your help
Robin