"Reply" button doesn't open IMAP email.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
nym9

"Reply" button doesn't open IMAP email.

Post by nym9 »

The emails are being downloaded to Tbird, I can open them, but I can't reply to them.

I also have Gmail for Tbird, and I can reply to those.
DanRaisch

Re: "Reply" button doesn't open IMAP email.

Post by DanRaisch »

Who is the email provider for the account from which you can not reply?
nym9

Post by nym9 »

DanRaisch wrote:Who is the email provider for the account from which you can not reply?
The web host (netfirms), and it always worked normally. Not sure if related but before it happened I had to change the webmail password, then updated the saved pw in tbird, now it gets the email but the reply/forward buttons do nothing.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Try the "Message" menu commands and/or right clicking on the message and using the context menu.

Can you send a new message using that account? I'm wondering if your problem is more wide spread than just replys.
nym9

Post by nym9 »

Tried all the ways to reply, nothing works in that folder, but they all work in the gmail and local folder. New message and receiving messages not a problem.

edit: i restarted in safe mode, everything works. This is a lot like Firefox extension errors: I can't left click in google results, need to right-click and open new tab, and some buttons on websites don't even show up, all due to an extension that I haven't identified.

Strange, because I haven't added any new extensions in over a year. Any idea which one it is?

https://i.imgur.com/gFxB2Ky.png
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's probably an extension that has become incompatible because of an update to TB without a corresponding update to the extension.

Try disabling all extensions but one and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
nym9

Post by nym9 »

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting the source of the problem.