ebay search issue

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jsal0318

ebay search issue

Post by jsal0318 »

Hello, why does the extension openinntabs-replace affect the way ebay works? I cant search on it or do anything? Is there a way to solve this issue?

thx
Vitesse

Re: ebay search issue

Post by Vitesse »

If you mean the Open Link in New Tab extension, it looks like the developer has abandoned it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

This - and a lot of other legacy extensions - will be completely disabled in Firefox 57, but may stop working earlier. So perhaps it's already dead?

You can configure TabMixPlus to do the same thing. However, it's not clear whether TMP will have its full previous functionality once web Extensions arrive.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Link to this extension - can't find it on AMO
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Vitesse wrote:If you mean the Open Link in New Tab extension, it looks like the developer has abandoned it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

This - and a lot of other legacy extensions - will be completely disabled in Firefox 57, but may stop working earlier. So perhaps it's already dead?

You can configure TabMixPlus to do the same thing. However, it's not clear whether TMP will have its full previous functionality once web Extensions arrive.
I am trying to replace already opened tabs with new tabs instead of adding adding tabs to already opened tabs. Does tabmixplus do that?

thx
c627627

Post by c627627 »

jsal0318 wrote:...affect the way ebay works? I cant search on it or do anything? Is there a way to solve this issue?

thx
If you are using uBlock Origin, uninstall any version after 1.13.8, install 1.13.8 and disable updating this extension from 1.13.8.
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

c627627 wrote:
jsal0318 wrote:...affect the way ebay works? I cant search on it or do anything? Is there a way to solve this issue?

thx
If you are using uBlock Origin, uninstall any version after 1.13.8, install 1.13.8 and disable updating this extension from 1.13.8.
This solution isnt my issue. Its with opentabs-replace. I am wondering if TMP solves what that extension does? Does anyone know?
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

I think it would be helpful if you could provide some sort of link to the extension you claim isn't working. Like TheVisitor, I have no idea which one you mean. You've given two names so far - openinntabs-replace and opentabs-replace - neither of which makes any sense to me.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

dont make big deals with firefox 56 now, in 6 weeks you have the big bang and all your effort now is gone - focus on webextensions right now (except uBlock -> 1.13.8). dont you read this forum?