waterfox question

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
jsal0318

waterfox question

Post by jsal0318 »

i used the following to get my firefox tabs below the address bar suggested by user reflective

"Open Notepad and then copy/paste the following code:

Code: Select all
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul");

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}
#nav-bar {
border-top-width: 0px !important;
}

Save is as userChrome.css and then place it in a folder called chrome located in your Firefox Profile. If the chrome folder isn't present create a folder by that name and then copy or move the userChrome.css file to that folder. To find your profile hit Windows key + R and then copy/paste the following string and click OK %APPDATA%\Mozilla\waterfox\Profiles"

except i used waterfox profile but tabs are not below address bar? What am I doing wrong?

thx
smsmith

Re: waterfox question

Post by smsmith »

Delete the "Code : Select all" line from your userChrome.css file.

Add !important to the -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 line, so it looks like this:
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;

Make sure the file is userChrome.css and not userchrome.css or userChrome.css.txt (you need to turn on file extensions in Windows to see for sure). Also, make sure it is in the chrome folder and not a Chrome folder. To make sure it is in the right place, click the Waterfox menu, then Help -> Troubleshooting Information. Click the Open Folder button to open your profile folder.

I'm going to move this to Third Party Builds.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
jsal0318

Re: waterfox question

Post by jsal0318 »

all set. thx