MozillaZine

Firefox Screenshots icon missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CaJazzman

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 4:27 pm

I just got the new update from 55 to 56 and everything was working great. But, now, I've noticed that the Firefox Screenshot icon is missing. I went into About:config, and the extensions.screenshots.system-disabled, is set to false. I also re-installed the 56 update, but still no icon. What can I do, to get it back? :?:

jscher2000

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 4:50 pm

If you change to Customize mode and glance around, can you find it lost somewhere in an unexpected part of a toolbar, overflow list, or menu, or among the available icons to add back to the toolbar?

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars

CaJazzman

Post Posted October 3rd, 2017, 9:27 am

jscher2000 wrote:If you change to Customize mode and glance around, can you find it lost somewhere in an unexpected part of a toolbar, overflow list, or menu, or among the available icons to add back to the toolbar?

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars

I did find that the Firefox Screenshots was there, minus the icon, meaning, it has the text but no icon. When I selected it, nothing happens at all, so, it's worthless. Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch! :?:

dickvl

Post Posted October 4th, 2017, 1:40 am

Are you using the default theme?
"3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance

Otherwise your theme might not yet support this newly added button.

You can try to click the "Restore Defaults" button on the Customize palette page to see if that has effect (there will be an Undo button present to revert).

CaJazzman

Post Posted October 4th, 2017, 4:22 pm

dickvl wrote:Are you using the default theme?
"3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance

Otherwise your theme might not yet support this newly added button.

You can try to click the "Restore Defaults" button on the Customize palette page to see if that has effect (there will be an Undo button present to revert).

No, but that wasn't an issue when I upgraded, so, I don't think that's the issue here either. I did try the Restore Button, but no change, still the same, issue. :?

Return to Firefox Support