[EXT] Screengrab!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Screengrab!

Post by pag77 »

Orangutan100 wrote:Does v2.4 no longer have advertising? If it doesn't, you should update the privacy policy. If it does, where is the option to enable / disable it?
advertising is present, but for a certain number of users.
if there is no "ads" in the settings, then for you advertising is disabled

But you can force to enable or disable advertisements:
1. open settings, in addres bar will showing url:
Firefox: "moz-extension://................./content/options.html"
Chrome: "chrome-extension://..................../content/options.html"

2. change "options.html" to "discount.html"
3. press Enter

a page with a proposal for advertisements will open.
after choosing "refusal" or "agree" in the settings will appear the menu item "advertisements"
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Orangutan100 wrote:Does v2.4 no longer have advertising? If it doesn't, you should update the privacy policy. If it does, where is the option to enable / disable it?
Wait until you restart and it will pop up like always.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
Wait until you restart and it will pop up like always.
request for advertising displays once in a lifetime
LizzardGecko

Post by LizzardGecko »

I am having problems grabbing the full screen of the following sites:
https://www.nab.com.au/
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/

When I tried to grab the full page, only the visible portion is captured instead.

Firefox 56.0 (32-bit)
Screengrab! 2.4
(How do I check the version of addon installed?)
Running in a new profile, with only Screengrab! addon and nothing else.

These sites used to work fine with the previous version of the addon.
ghosthyde

Post by ghosthyde »

Hello. I am using Firefox v56.0 and Screengrab! v2.4 (the only extension).
1. I cannot save entire page or selection: addons.mozilla.org (of course, including screengrab! addon page)
2. It needs error or alert message if capture too long page. (ex> w3.org/TR/PNG ; height over 55000px )
3. I think about option in "image text template" menu: metadata. because I don't like too long file name and adding a text line on top which is not shutable with image most of the time.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

LizzardGecko wrote:I am having problems grabbing the full screen of the following sites:

When I tried to grab the full page, only the visible portion is captured instead.

Firefox 56.0 (32-bit)
Screengrab! 2.4
(How do I check the version of addon installed?)
Running in a new profile, with only Screengrab! addon and nothing else.

These sites used to work fine with the previous version of the addon.
You could try one of those utilities that let you "print to a .pdf" to get it. Or maybe File:Save Page As.

Good luck.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

LizzardGecko wrote:I am having problems grabbing the full screen of the following sites:
Thank you for your bug-report! Please wait new version!
ghosthyde wrote:1. I cannot save entire page or selection: addons.mozilla.org (of course, including screengrab! addon page)
It's limitation from WebExtensions - not be processed on internal Firefox and GoogleChrome pages, for example https://addons.mozilla.org/ , https://chrome.google.com , about:addons , about:config , chrome://extensions/ , chrome://settings/ , etc.
ghosthyde wrote:3. I think about option in "image text template" menu: metadata. because I don't like too long file name and adding a text line on top which is not shutable with image most of the time.
you can edit the template as you like
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

ghosthyde wrote:1. I cannot save entire page or selection: addons.mozilla.org (of course, including screengrab! addon page)
As he already mentioned, most browsers won't give you access to the "internal" page through another extension, that is for security reasons and while annoying and sometimes would be useful to have that access, it has been decided not to. Nothing he can do about that, as it won't give him any "canvas" access anyway to do it for you. Trying using something like Snip on Windows and I am sure something similar on other platforms, or all else fails, use the general "print screen" and then paste it in a photo editor and crop it.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:...use the general "print screen" and then paste it in a photo editor and crop it.
That is unnecessary.
Screengrab can make screenshots of the visible area for any page.
The restrictions apply only to the "complete page" and the "selection"
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

pag77 wrote:That is unnecessary.
You are right, I missed that. I was focused on the full page limitation of internal pages, visible portion part slipped my mind, which would make external tool moot as it would still be able to grab the same visible portion.

Just a heads up however, although your fix to the full page showing 0% and doing nothing fixed the problem in several places. It is STILL occurring but I think I know why, which you may or not be able to fix but might be worth considering. If you are on a page where the content is rendered using canvas/2d/3d/rect/draw/etc such as reading an ebook online, then it will happen. The fix I found was that if you scroll the page down just a tiny bit, then the full page worked fine as expected. So perhaps you might consider in those instances, doing a preemptive couple px scroll down first, and then attempting the capture, if you can, that should fix it.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
pag77 wrote:That is unnecessary.
You are right, I missed that. I was focused on the full page limitation of internal pages, visible portion part slipped my mind, which would make external tool moot as it would still be able to grab the same visible portion.

Just a heads up however, although your fix to the full page showing 0% and doing nothing fixed the problem in several places. It is STILL occurring but I think I know why, which you may or not be able to fix but might be worth considering. If you are on a page where the content is rendered using canvas/2d/3d/rect/draw/etc such as reading an ebook online, then it will happen. The fix I found was that if you scroll the page down just a tiny bit, then the full page worked fine as expected. So perhaps you might consider in those instances, doing a preemptive couple px scroll down first, and then attempting the capture, if you can, that should fix it.
please send me exmple links...
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

pag77 wrote:please send me exmple links...
Not always possible given these are credentialed links, meaning you have to log into the service. But if you have access or can sign up for it yourself, OverDrive is one example that happened most recently.
DeJoGo

Post by DeJoGo »

I am decidedly unhappy with this new version of Screengrab.
I have been using the previous version for years.
It was very simple. I could select and copy a complete webpage, and then paste the image from the clipboard.
Now there's added steps -- which could be construed to result in data mining.
Yes, I can copy any number of complete webpages in my testings, but the problem is that the one single complete webpage, which is the mainstay of my work, only copies as what is visible on the screen.
Now it doesn't do anything that Alt+Print Screen can't accomplish.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

DeJoGo wrote:I am decidedly unhappy with this new version of Screengrab.
I have been using the previous version for years.
It was very simple. I could select and copy a complete webpage, and then paste the image from the clipboard.
Now there's added steps -- which could be construed to result in data mining.
Yes, I can copy any number of complete webpages in my testings, but the problem is that the one single complete webpage, which is the mainstay of my work, only copies as what is visible on the screen.
Now it doesn't do anything that Alt+Print Screen can't accomplish.
option "save to clipboard" available only for Firefox 57
Firefox 57 will be available in November 2017

temporary workaround: use the "preview" mode, then right click on the image and select "copy"
rthx

Post by rthx »

when save to file, where can I select .png or .jpg as in version 0.99?
I only found this in settings.
Not possible to select on saving?