IMAP & Folder Limit

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Re: Exporting from POP to IMAP

Post by ep2012 »

DanRaisch wrote:There should be no need to import anything.

You can have the same account set up as POP and IMAP and copy or move messages from the local (POP) folders to the IMAP folders in Thunderbird. After all of the messages are moved over the POP account could be removed.
If you have messages in Thunderbird's Local Folders they can also be moved into the IMAP folders after that account is set up in Thunderbird.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Convert_a_POP ... AP_account
Ok, but we are redoing TB from scratch now with me adding in ALL the e-mail accounts one by one, so this will be a totally new profile.

So what do we do then?

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Re: IMAP & Folder Limit

Post by DanRaisch »

I wish you had mentioned the new profile aspect in your previous post. Now you will need to consider using the ImportExportTools extension to bring the POP data into the new profile.
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Re: IMAP & Folder Limit

Post by ep2012 »

DanRaisch wrote:I wish you had mentioned the new profile aspect in your previous post. Now you will need to consider using the ImportExportTools extension to bring the POP data into the new profile.
I did, it was earlier in the thread.

That was the same extension recommended.

Thank you, now we can do the work.
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!