Nosquint Plus v56: lost "settings" icon

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DSperber

Nosquint Plus v56: lost "settings" icon

Post by DSperber »

Just noticed this, following upgrade of Nosquint Plus add-on from v54 to v56.

There is no longer the fourth icon button for "settings". There are only the three zoom-in, zoom-out, and zoom-reset. The crucial "settings" button has disappeared.

Generally I only change the default web site magnification to 100% (from the default of 120%), and also change the zoom-per-click increment from the default of 10% to 5%. I don't customize anything else, so lacking them doesn't bother me. But no longer having even the basic settings I've mentioned is a nuisance.

Nevertheless, I'm sure it was not intended in v56 to accidentally lose the crucial fourth "settings" button.
the-edmeister

Re: Nosquint Plus v56: lost "settings" icon

Post by the-edmeister »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... uint-plus/

See the user Reviews for that extension. Looks like it is a change made in that extension for "change NoSquint configs". See the comment by Anonymous user 930a12 - where he mentions contextual menu item for that feature.

There is a Support E-mail link on that page, so you might want to contact the developer of that extension for clarification.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
DSperber

Post by DSperber »

Good heavens. Hadn't even thought to pursue that. I normally don't right-click on a page.

You're absolutely correct.Right-click on any site page produces a context menu with the old "Nosquint Plus site settings" dialog added. And of course this has the "Global settings" button on it.

Case closed. Thank you for the new info.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

could be a possible preparing to create it as webextension.
and good to know that Nosquint+ has an internal EOL date (~3 month after release)- it wont work after that date.
relase was now, it will cease beginning jan'18 if there wont be a new release as legacy extension.