New window shortcut

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
jsal0318

New window shortcut

Post by jsal0318 »

Is there a way to put a shortcut for new window on address bar? With an extension maybe?

thx
jscher2000

Re: New window shortcut

Post by jscher2000 »

Firefox 29-56 has a new window button on the graphical menu by default. You can use Customize to move it where you want.

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

My bad. I should of said for ff 57. Sorry. I didnt find one there.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Your UA shows you're using Waterfox 55.
Fx57 has New Window button in Customize, drag it up to a toolbar.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

mightyglydd wrote:Your UA shows you're using Waterfox 55.
Fx57 has New Window button in Customize, drag it up to a toolbar.
thank you for that.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

i tried doing the above solution for FF 57 .0b5 (64-bit) but there isn't an option of a NEW WINDOW. How can I fix this issue plz?

thx
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Seeing as you are using Firefox v57.0b5, this is being moved to the Builds forum...

Please stay with one request at a time for whatever browser you choose to run.
Your posts are very confusing.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

i tried doing the above solution for FF 57 .0b5 (64-bit) but there isn't an option of a NEW WINDOW. How can I fix this issue plz?

thx
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

as long you use firefox and waterfox on the same system you will mess up your working profile.
as given firefox 57 has a button for it - use it.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Brummelchen wrote:as long you use firefox and waterfox on the same system you will mess up your working profile.
as given firefox 57 has a button for it - use it.
Brum, for now on plz refrain from answering any of my threads. Ty for any previous help.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

How about plx refrain from posting with and asking questions about 'one man operation fork' :roll: https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/
This is a FIREFOX forum.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

Some of you ppl make chrome much more worthy as a browser.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

jsal0318 - if you are using Firefox Release (Fx 56), Firefox Beta (Fx 57) and Waterfox all with the same profile, you are asking for a world of trouble. Waterfox only recently started using it's own profile folder, not sure which version, but previous versions just used whatever Firefox profile folder it found on the system. Not a single beta or nightly tester here on this forum would recommend you use the same profile for a Firefox release version and a pre-release version. Please, make sure you are using separate profiles for each installation before trying to resolve your problems. If you can't find something as simple as the new window button in either the hamburger menu or the customize window, you have a serious problem with your installation/profile.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_manager
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_set ... ew_profile

To find your profile the easy way, either use Help -> Troubleshooting Information or Hamburger menu -> Help -> Troubleshooting Information in Firefox Release, Firefox Beta or Waterfox. In the tab that opens, find the Open Folder button and click it. Your profile folder will open in a Windows Explorer window.

Chrome isn't any more worthy if you are trying to run Chrome, Canary and Vivaldi all at the same time with the same profile. Still going to cause you problems.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

offtopic - chrome, opera, vivaldi cannot use each other profiles, in fact for opera is not compatible with any other, maybe vivaldi with chrome/chromium but thats only guessing (i dont use vivaldi). if it would be possible they would trash each others profile - and not only because except opera is using a super-mac*

* the super-mac is a basic key - it is not possible to transfer a profile without losing data to another computer (its like a reset/refresh) even not to another OS on same computer. thats why sync is for chromium-based browser even more important than for firefox.

waterfox and separated profile - thats why cyberfox and palemoon already went that direction months ago.
btw i am using several chromium build but with separated profiles - for reason.

from my view jsal0318 seems really weird person. i have met others like him which always run into trouble because they dont have enough basic knowledge for anything and do like they want. and there is not enough personal power present to investigate so they ask over and over again the same or similar questions or run into same trouble again and again.

concerning firefox 57 for me i decided to get away from this heavy styling with userchrome (css and js) because i had that in the past and with each firefox version i had to investigate from scratch what mozilla changed and to "repair" my code. i am reading lot of threads with such customizations and each new nightly and beta i see people asking for code change because old is not working. at least i may slave of my browser and i wont like it.

glad, my dictionaries work again.

tl;dr
jsal0318

Post by jsal0318 »

thx. Chrome is my primary browser now. Good riddance firefox.