[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Middleleaze

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by Middleleaze »

I have just updated to Firefox 57 beta and I wanted to inform you that Session Manager is incompatible.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

DarrenH wrote:Morac, I LOVE Session Manager...
How much would it cost us to see this ported to FF 57+ Webextensions?

It can happen, let us know...
THX D
If you had read the last postings carefully instead jumping in ... you would know that it do not depend on money, more on mozilla implementing the necessary API. :roll:
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

I somehow got my home system onto version 57, and this is one of my more used extensions, which not only stopped working, it is just plain GONE.

I must have missed that they TOTALLY disappear. I figured they would still show up, but just be disabled and not running. Fortunatelly, I took a "print screen" of my extensions (and also fortunate they are only one page) before restarting Firefox. I also suspected bad juju, so did a Mozbackup of my profile first, just in case.

Anyhow, even a "stub" for this extension would be a great thing to have.

Thanks.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Not gone. They should still be there only under the Legacy Extensions tab of the Add-on Mgr.

I do not know the status of the needed APIs for Session Mgr. to be work once it is rewritten as a web extension.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

WildcatRay wrote:Not gone. They should still be there only under the Legacy Extensions tab of the Add-on Mgr.

I do not know the status of the needed APIs for Session Mgr. to be work once it is rewritten as a web extension.
Cool. Thanks.

It's not really a tab, but sort of a hyperlink. I think this whole addons'/extensions page needs some help. It should be set up more as a grid/matrix, that you can sort various ways.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/
left side:

Code: Select all

Explore

Featured
    Most Popular
    Top Rated

Categories

Alerts & Updates
    Appearance
    Bookmarks
    Download Management
    Feeds, News & Blogging
    Games & Entertainment
    Language Support
    Photos, Music & Videos
    Privacy & Security
    Search Tools
    Shopping
    Social & Communication
    Tabs
    Web Development
    Other
what else do you need? :roll:
libvv

Post by libvv »

Is there a way to sort the webpages in Save/Load menu? Now they seem kind of random.
Sorting by groups could be really useful and there already is the group column.
Also sorting them by default in the same way they're viewed (the order of the tabs in the window) is more natural and intuitive, besides making it easy to move items between different sessions.
csfoxyfire

Post by csfoxyfire »

After going through each of my legacy addons and spending a little time to read every published furious statement from the developers of a current addon, I feel for them. But this addon, well within my top3 star addon for Firefox, it can't be gone :cry:

If nothing helps at the end, I might as well just jump the ship and use Edge... I don't know what the turd Mozilla as an organization had in its head when making this decision.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

as i write more often theses days - everybody is free to use any browser he/she wants to.
although SM is currently not possible as webxtensions there exist several options but not automatically.
from my view edge may be robust but its neither nor versatile as firefox - its a big step back.
nailing firefox to special extension feature always have been a wrong choice - i am long term user since phoenix.
mozillas decision seems always destructive but for its product itself it makes firefox more stronger versus attacks and modifications which anytime led to a non functional browser. and users with a lot of extension should ask themselves if all those extension are really this important. myself is also using several extension which offers some convenience but those a re not essential for working.

for me - i use Tab-Saver als a manual session manager - group speed dials as a descent speeddial - clippings alpha-status - stylus - Tabs center reloaded and some other tiny stuff.- at least i could recover >75% of all needed functions. but is needed some research of my own, i never felt into misery because no software is such important as it could not be replaced. HTH
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

shakaman

Post by shakaman »

So now I get this error on alternating days.

Code: Select all

JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 13013 of the JSON data(SyntaxError)

JSON_decode@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:723:20
modifySessionData@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:301:12
restoreSession@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:136:12
restoreSession@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:36:10
restoreSession/aWindow.__SM_restore/<@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:128:6
run@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:675:9
What can I do to fix this?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

This addon is useless because it loads all saved tabs at once.
Sorry for my poor English.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

it seems useless for you because you dont know how to use it. open a session and pick a site.
SvenLittkowski

Post by SvenLittkowski »

Hi,

is there any estimation, when there will be a compatible version for the new Firefox v57?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

SvenLittkowski wrote:Hi,

is there any estimation, when there will be a compatible version for the new Firefox v57?
The answer to your question is here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14762057

Until the Firefox developers code and add all those APIs to the browser, Morac cannot do anything to make a web extensions version of his add-on.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi