4K Video Downloader

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
8-bit

Re: 4K Video Downloader

Post by 8-bit »

Brummelchen wrote:the point for me was that you asked about 3rd-party software - the best way to gain experience is to try it out in a separated environement like sandboxie, the sniffer may help for suspicious connections. you need to know that people often ask about software but dont have any clue to try it. a sandbox is much better than using revo or other uninstaller.
Yes, very true. I'm running macOS so I will have to hunt down some type of VM to use - also a program called "Little Snitch" (outbound connection alerts) will help as well. I appreciate the help. Thanks. 8-bit
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

I'm running macOS
bite me i really missed it. apologized!

>> Mac OS X 10.10 and later
i noticed it but i really missed your OS.
so sandboxie and sniffer is not really usefull on a mac ;)
and i dont have a clue if there exist similar, maybe for the sniffer but sandbox?
"Little Snitch" is ringing a bell.

for windows there exist a lot of tools. i use wonderfox for download and conversion, i also have aiseesoft and some of those are also available for mac, but they are not free. free when giveaway - i suggest you to watch out the usual giveaway sites and wondershare also wonderfox for upcoming thx-giving- giveaway end of oct.
therube

Post by therube »

> download and conversion

Doesn't believe in conversion - unless its needed to appease a particular device.
Any desktop media player - worth its weight, should be able to play (virtually) any format.

> aiseesoft, wondershare, wonderfox ...

Those types of softwares never did anything for me (as in - while they may work, I've never cared for how they go about things or limitations of that type of software).

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

sorry, responded to wrong post.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Brummelchen wrote: i suggest you to watch out the usual giveaway sites and wondershare also wonderfox for upcoming thx-giving- giveaway end of oct.
Wondershare has been flagged by Malwarebytes as containing adware Brum. (See next post down by miekiemoes if the link doesn't work properly)

I tried it once myself and it's a bugger to get rid of once installed.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you speak about the setup? i need to examine, but when installing the best idea is to cut web, als usual.
but i see that WS has no video tool this year and last year - or i missed it.

wonderfox had "HD Video Converter Factory Pro" last year which is running as portable here. use 7zip to examine content.
but i would guess that wonderfox is windows only

Aiseesoft (also known as Tipard) has a "Aiseesoft 4K Converter" and supports Mac.
strange, german only? https://www.aiseesoft.de/

tipard
https://de.giveawayoftheday.com/tipard- ... er-8-0-12/ (over)
https://www.tipard.com/video-converter.html