[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
DN123ABC

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by DN123ABC »

WildcatRay wrote:
SvenLittkowski wrote:Hi,

is there any estimation, when there will be a compatible version for the new Firefox v57?
The answer to your question is here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14762057

Until the Firefox developers code and add all those APIs to the browser, Morac cannot do anything to make a web extensions version of his add-on.
Actually, I think he can start changing the program as these come on, one by one. It would make sense to add the functionality as it becomes available, and also test that functionality in steps.

Looking forward to it.
SevenSeven

Post by SevenSeven »

A few things are not working anymore with Firefox 56.0.1:

1. Clear Closed List in the Undo Close toolbar button drop down
2. Loading a tab from the SM window with ALT key
mgol

Post by mgol »

Note that Firefox 56.0.1 is a release that will update most people from the 32-bit to the 64-bit Firefox version. Maybe that can affect some add-ons, who knows.
avada

Post by avada »

SevenSeven wrote:A few things are not working anymore with Firefox 56.0.1:

1. Clear Closed List in the Undo Close toolbar button drop down
2. Loading a tab from the SM window with ALT key
1. Isn't the SM closed tab list feature way too cumbersome? It's like in two submenus deep. I always used the the tab mix plus button, which shows the list immediately on clicking.

2. I never knew of a feature like this? How did this work? (Alt + clicking doesn't seem to be doing anything on FF56.0 )
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

wont affect, in no way - its put into the same directly which do not matter for work.

a fresh install would change place from
c:\program files (x86)\Mozilla
to
c:\program files\Mozilla
(windows 64-bit)

i only know MAFF as extension which uses entries in the registry to call firefox - but not session manager.
shakaman

Post by shakaman »

I can no longer open newly saved sessions the next day and get the following error:

Code: Select all

JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 13013 of the JSON data(SyntaxError)

JSON_decode@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:723:20
modifySessionData@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:301:12
restoreSession@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:136:12
restoreSession@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:36:10
restoreSession/aWindow.__SM_restore/<@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:128:6
run@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:675:9
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you asked that before - be patient if developer returns
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14769414

workaround: open profile folder (then close firefox) and save subfolder \sessions to anywhere, then delete it and start firefox again.

if the error appear again then there is some culprit in your profile. btw - are you working on a mac?
A2JC4life

Post by A2JC4life »

I have a backed-up session that is no longer in the backup sessions list. (Long story, but the browser was simply reopened several times without loading the crashed session, so now the backup sessions list is full of "blank" sessions.) I'm pretty sure it's in the deleted sessions list, though. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out a way to load/restore/import a deleted session. What am I missing?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

A2JC4life wrote:I have a backed-up session that is no longer in the backup sessions list. (Long story, but the browser was simply reopened several times without loading the crashed session, so now the backup sessions list is full of "blank" sessions.) I'm pretty sure it's in the deleted sessions list, though. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out a way to load/restore/import a deleted session. What am I missing?
Copy sessions from the deleted sessions folder to the main sessions folder.

It would probably be good to save a copy of those sessions to a folder somewhere outside the profile, too.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

A2JC4life wrote:I'm pretty sure it's in the deleted sessions list, though
Left-click on a session in the deleted sessions list in order to move it back to the saved session list.
Sorry for my poor English.
erlkonig

Post by erlkonig »

I'm currently in Firefox 56 (64bit) and my core use case is using Session Manager on one part of a large virtual screen to restore windows with positions all over it, mostly off the currently visible portion. I'm having two problems:

* In the past, windows would start to pop up correctly, but in the visible part on screen and elsewhere (as seen in the panner which shows the whole virtual desktop), then the screen would suddenly be switched to a different part of the virtual desktop, most likely by some asshat stealing focus for a firefox windows, and then all the rest would continue popping in but now with the wrong base screen, shifting them all over and putting a bunch off the edge of the virtual, which would then be caged back into the virtual desktop.

* That last part may have gotten more militant. Now when I start up, I can see the windows pop up at the right locations (i.e. mostly offscreen but visible in the panner where expected) but then some following step yanks all of them into the currently-visible portion. This forces me to manually pop each window out to the portion of the virtual desktop it was supposed to be on, and momentarily was.

I usually have 30 to 40 FF windows, so this manual step gets pretty annoying. It's exacerbated by the fact that the windows are repositioned into the visible screen by raw window size excluding window manager wrappings, so before I can pop them out to the right subsection (I have keys mapped to pop windows to any of my 9 virtual screen areas - a 3x3 grid), I *first* have to drag them fully into the current visible screen. Yuck.

The before i *want*, and *used to have*, is that Session Manager would restore them at their old positions, even those offscreen. This was perfect. Then the window-focus issue started to break things. And now it's almost completely broken.

I've looked for options in the Session Manager prefs that might help, but ... nothing.

Help?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

firefox window management belongs to windows, not firefox.
Graf

Post by Graf »

I can't even install Session Manager on Firefox 3.6.6, I get this error:
"Session Manager 0.3.3 не может быть установлено, так как оно не совместимо с Firefox 3.6.6."
It means "Session Manager can't be installed because it's not compatible with Firefox 3.6.6." (just have a very old computer and can't use latest version of Firefox), can anyone suggest a compatible version of Session Manager?
makondo

Post by makondo »

Check the complete version history on AMO? This Version 0.7.8.1.1-signed seems to be the last mentioning 3.6.6. See if it works and try the next one up till you get the warning again.
Graf

Post by Graf »

makondo, 0.7.8.1.1-signed also is not compatible, I tried the next 10-12 older versions till 0.6.2.4 with no luck, no one is compatible!