scroll to top/bottom gesture (three fingers up/down) [Mac]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Negativeions

scroll to top/bottom gesture (three fingers up/down) [Mac]

Post by Negativeions »

Not sure about windows but on Mac, three fingers up/down is scroll to top/bottom. Once in a while I'll accidentally trigger it when scrolling normally on a page with a trackpad. I figured out how to disable it. It's just weird that there's no indication of what the gesture is or any way to customize it in firefox. Is there? Thanks.
8-bit

Re: scroll to top/bottom gesture (three fingers up/down) [Ma

Post by 8-bit »

Negativeions wrote:Not sure about windows but on Mac, three fingers up/down is scroll to top/bottom. Once in a while I'll accidentally trigger it when scrolling normally on a page with a trackpad. I figured out how to disable it. It's just weird that there's no indication of what the gesture is or any way to customize it in firefox. Is there? Thanks.
There is no way to customize this gesture in Firefox. I am running macOS, and a 3 finger up/down does not send me to the top or bottom of the page respectively. I have my three finger option set to do other things in preferences.

On your Mac in Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad options, you can semi-customize the three finger gesture. I use it all the time for moving windows around, selecting multiple objects, and other things. I don't know why it is "hidden" under the accessibility options and not grouped with regular trackpad options, but oh well...