Prevent Thunderbird from opening Addon Links within

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ton85

Prevent Thunderbird from opening Addon Links within

Post by ton85 »

Clicking on an email link will open Firefox.
However, when clicking on any link from the addon page (e.g. Homepage or Ratings), it will open the link in a new Thunderbird tab. Right clicking on the link won't give the option to copy the link, so I will have to manually type in the URL if it want to open it in Firefox.

How can I prevent Thunderbird from opening links on the Addon page from opening in Thunderbird?

Thank you
tanstaafl

Re: Prevent Thunderbird from opening Addon Links within

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't understand what you mean by "clicking on any link from the addon page (e.g. Homepage or Ratings), it will open the link in a new Thunderbird tab." Some context would help. The only window you might call a add-on page I'm aware of in Thunderbird is tools -> add-ons. It has a left and right arrow in the upper left corner but I don't spot a homepage or ratings link.
ton85

Post by ton85 »

Please find screenshot below:
https://imgur.com/a/FtviA
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't think you can. I suggest you don't search for an add-on within Thunderbird, and use a browser to search https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ instead. Its convenient to search/install via tools -> addons but its buggy as it won't list all available add-ons, and you sometimes run into restrictions like the one you are asking about. I have no idea why they disabled copying and pasting a link via right clicking on it and selecting "copy link location" from the context menu
ton85

Post by ton85 »

That's unfortunate. Thank you for checking.