User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mjackson

Replies to email in Local Folders are from Usenet account

Post by mjackson »

TB 52.4.0 on Windows 8.1 (64 bit). Configuration top to bottom is:

email account Mark (IMAP)
Local Folders
Usenet account news.individual.net

When replying to email messages in local folders (under Local Folders) the sending account is often selected to be the Usenet account. Since the email address and signature are the same I sometimes don't notice until after I've sent the reply and no copy comes back (no bcc); instead a copy is places in the local folder designated for copies of my Usenet postings. This behavior is inconsistent between local folders and even between messages in the same folder.

Running the Folder Account extension lets me designate the From account explicitly on a folder-to-folder basis; this seems to fix some folders but not others. Replying to messages in the IMAP inbox has no problems.

Suggestions?
An ideology has axioms and algorithms; a view of life has approaches and approximations. - Adam Gopnik
mjackson

Re: Replies to email in Local Folders are from Usenet accoun

Post by mjackson »

OK, now at TB 52.5.0 and the symptoms are slightly different: Replying to messages in my IMAP inbox, and in some folders under Local Folders, selects my Usenet account parameters as the sending account IFF I'm replying to a message sent by me. Replying to any message in the remaining folders under Local Folders selects my Usenet account parameters as the sending account independent of the sender of the original message.
An ideology has axioms and algorithms; a view of life has approaches and approximations. - Adam Gopnik