won't go into Inbox

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
danll

won't go into Inbox

Post by danll »

Very very strange. One thread of e-mails to a particular person, both incoming and outgoing e-mails, REFUSE to go into my Thunderbird IMAP Inbox. So when I want to archive them, I've got to dig into the All Mail folder in order to get them. Once I have them, I am unable to copy them into my Inbox. My Inbox REFUSES to take them. So I copy to Local Folders, and from there to my archive folders.

Strangely, my IMAP provider (Gmail), shows those e-mails as being tagged with my Inbox. So it is Thunderbird that is refusing to abide by that tag and put them there.

I restarted Thunderbird. Same problem. I get other e-mails, and they go to my Inbox, no problem. I have NO filters set up.

What in the world is going on??? Never seen this before.
DanRaisch

Re: won't go into Inbox

Post by DanRaisch »

Can you move those messages to some other IMAP folder than the Inbox?
danll

Re: won't go into Inbox

Post by danll »

Yes, I can move those e-mails from All Mail, that don't seem to land in my Inbox, to other folders.

I just did another test, that was interesting. I took one of the e-mails that refused to go into my Inbox, and forwarded it to myself. Interestingly, my Inbox label was then boldfaced, as in "Inbox (1)", which says that something is in it. But nothing was there when I looked.

It smells like Thunderbird knows that something is in my Inbox, but just doesn't want to display a clickable link to that e-mail. There is something in that particular e-mail that Thunderbird doesn't like.