Unable to login to a website now

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Deuce7

Unable to login to a website now

Post by Deuce7 »

I'm again facing another problem with Firefox.

Getting the error
"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
Which is just BS. Chrome has no issues at all.

Again. Firefox. Trying to be too smart.....?!

And it must be some sudden change in this shopping site that has now become an issue with Firefox, but not with Chrome. Yesterday it was perfectly fine.

Frankly, I think Firefox is just badly coded and deserves to be abandoned by all the people who are now on Chrome.

](*,)
DanRaisch

Re: Unable to login to a website now

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for sharing your opinion but your analysis of the issue may be flawed. As Firefox and Chrome each store cookies separately, the fact that Chrome can access the site tells us nothing about what issues Firefox may be dealing with for that site if the problem does relate to cookies.
Have you confirmed that Firefox is set to accept cookies from the problem site?
Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies in Firefox:
Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Privacy & Security->click on "Clear Now" button.)
Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy & Security->Show Cookies button).
Deuce7

Post by Deuce7 »

Yes, I accept cookies. I haven't changed anything. I've had issues like logging in for other sites like forums, etc from time to time SINCE I last posted here. So I know all about these usual Firefox problems.

But not this time.

Deleting cookies for the site and all the cache and even the stored passwords, etc. Just fails to get to the login page. The only way I can now access it is by using Private Window. This would work with other sites.

You tell me how buggy is Firefox....

I never face any such issues with Chrome. At all.
Deuce7

Post by Deuce7 »

Update. Ok, so it seems that shopping site "fixed" their login page and now I can access it.

But it does not mean all is well. It just means Firefox is not a very reliable browser (now). Because having all these login issues that seemingly happen from time to time only happens with good ole Firefox. Never Chrome.

I just don't like Chrome. Been using Firefox for many years but these issues only surfaced in the last 2 years or so. In a bid to reinvent itself, I think the coding or architecture of Firefox became worse....
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can't dispute your experience but since I'm not seeing any such issues I can't agree with your assumptions. Glad to hear your issue with that one site seems to be resolved.