pcxfirefox build update to -1

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
xunxun1982

Re: pcxfirefox build update to -1

Post by xunxun1982 »

For some reasons, I was in hospital for about two months, and in future about two years in hospital.

But the build will continue I think. With legacy or not with legacy in 57+, this is a question.

In fact, I use about 90+ legacy addons in my 57nightly test editions.
avada

Post by avada »

xunxun1982 wrote:For some reasons, I was in hospital for about two months, and in future about two years in hospital.

But the build will continue I think. With legacy or not with legacy in 57+, this is a question.

In fact, I use about 90+ legacy addons in my 57nightly test editions.
Hi!

I think with v57+ legacy addon support might be problematic. They're removing API-s left and right. So I guess undoing this is required and somehow it has to be made compatible with future code changes, which disregards these removed stuff.

Isn't patching the v56 branch with security and some other particularly useful updates a possibility for a while after they drop support?

(PS: If memory servers the Pale Moon dev was looking for other people to keep XUL addons alive)
FateRover

Post by FateRover »

http://imgur.com/a/7ybaP
joke:this guy is just addicted in mobile game
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

xunxun1982 wrote:For some reasons, I was in hospital for about two months, and in future about two years in hospital.
Wish you to get well soon ;)
xunxun1982 wrote: But the build will continue I think. With legacy or not with legacy in 57+, this is a question.
Are you sure? Your last post was already about a month ago.

Kind regards,
DAC324
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

An upgrade to v56 would be nice because currently there are no custom builds that support plugins (beside flash) anymore.
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

avada wrote:Hi!

An upgrade to v56 would be nice because currently there are no custom builds that support plugins (beside flash) anymore.
Unfortunately, I have to admit severe doubts that there will be an upgrade. Xunxun1982 is apparently critically ill. At least, like many hobby developers, he seems to have lost the delight for further development.

We all can only ask him to document how he created his builds so that this good work can be continued by someone else.

Kind regards,
DAC324