Re: Changes in Firefox 57

Post by mightyglydd »

Fx57 compatible web extensions.. search 'Passwords' or whatever

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... rm=windows
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
fits79

Post by fits79 »

Already search but the only thing i find is password editors and not simply backup/restore of my saved passwords and nothing more.
therube

Post by therube »

To view your passwords, Windows, external utility, PasswordFox - Extract the user names/passwords stored in Firefox.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

therube wrote: To view your passwords, Windows, external utility, PasswordFox - Extract the user names/passwords stored in Firefox.

OOh yeah! another Nirsoft Utility!!
I like his programs I use a whole bunch of them..
lol ;) :D :D
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

therube wrote:To view your passwords, Windows, external utility, PasswordFox - Extract the user names/passwords stored in Firefox.
Not for windows 10 ?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

try and find out.. but probably use the 64bit version... it has not had an update since 2016 so...
try it and if it doesn't work try contacting the dev to report it.. ;)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

ICQ5 wrote: nope, i dont think it'll really be stable till it gets in the 60's IMO
You mean in 2060 ? Which version would that be.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

v57 + (52/6 * 42) = ? ^^
~v364 -40 (or ~324 +-40)
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

mightyglydd wrote:
ICQ5 wrote: nope, i dont think it'll really be stable till it gets in the 60's IMO
You mean in 2060 ? Which version would that be.
version 100
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

"overall stability picture for 57.0b looking very good - browser process crash rate is still the lowest we ever recorded on any channel (& a third of those browser crashes are happening during shutdown)"

e10s for everyone and legacy addon abandonement paying off?
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

Lurtz wrote:"overall stability picture for 57.0b looking very good - browser process crash rate is still the lowest we ever recorded on any channel (& a third of those browser crashes are happening during shutdown)"

i dont have many Crashes anymore an i only have 2 Extensions that are WE . only realy time it'll Crash an that maybe on Video site i occasionally use , it'll Freeze the Browser an Crash,
avada

Post by avada »

Lurtz wrote:"overall stability picture for 57.0b looking very good - browser process crash rate is still the lowest we ever recorded on any channel (& a third of those browser crashes are happening during shutdown)"

Naturally. If less people use the browser for far less you'll get less crashes.
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

avada wrote:Naturally. If less people use the browser for far less you'll get less crashes.
Less People don't matter when it's a ratio. They're still browsing the internet, aren't they? Thanks for confirming that legacy addons are a reason for crashes.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

More like finally fixing the causes, which were causing the crashes... :lildevil:
e10s helped here of course, as now what crash are just tabs, not full browser.

What's more, these legacy addons, which were causing these cashes were in most cases obsolete plugins, not legacy extensions written in XUL & XBL & XPCOM.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lurtz wrote:
avada wrote:Naturally. If less people use the browser for far less you'll get less crashes.
Less People don't matter when it's a ratio. They're still browsing the internet, aren't they? Thanks for confirming that legacy addons are a reason for crashes.
avada confirmed nothing of the sort as you know damn well.

If you wish to continue to post in these forums, here's a top tip - don't try to get bloody clever with people here. ;)

Btw I forgot to mention, you are on full-time duty in Firefox Support in 3 weeks time. I mean it, I don't want you prancing about like a fairy here, with your 'bon mots', and then disappearing off the face of the earth when it matters. I need boots on the ground in there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)